Crane Supervisor is responsible for all Nasr lifting equipment operation, maintenance, inspection, thorough examination and testing requirements, He provides investigation, diagnostic testing and troubleshooting of hydraulic system, diesel engines and crane mechanism, also performs lifting operation plan and method statement for all lifting operation categories, ensure these activities are in accordance with correct procedures, ADNOC Offshore Maintenance management system and the required standards.
• Assign, Direct and manage lifting operation and maintenance teams, to ensure specified tasks are performed efficiently, fulfilling the required standards.
• Liaise, coordinating with Production, Maintenance, Logistics Supervisor and other trades to conduct day-to-day lifting operation/handling activities.
• Direct and carry out the preventive tasks as per schedule for the proper upkeep of the equipment. Assess PM outcomes and failures to update PM scope.
• Plan and manage all predictive maintenance activities on all lifting equipment, in close consultation with line managers in order to execute in a safe, effective, efficient and economical manner.
• Preparation & planning of Major inspection & overhauling for Pedestal Cranes, Lifeboat davit, WHPTs Mape cranes & gantry cranes and monitor efficient and timely completion of the works.
• Draft, plan work orders and prepare for planned Major shutdown activities in corporate maintenance management system (MAXIMO) and in close liaison with line managers to determine priorities in order to prepare a detailed work schedule and minimize downtime and cost.
• Identify & analyze chronic problems, breakdowns and malfunctions in order to perform effective remedial actions to minimize potential impacts on safety, environments and production operations; including arranging spares, special tools and material requirements directing the team accordingly.
• Liaise with relevant personnel in Production, Safety & other Departments to obtain PTW, risk assessment, safe job analysis, tool box talks as per the activity requirement. Furthermore, seek assistance required from other trades and also offer required assistance for timely completion of priority activities.
• Ensure that all maintenance and technical documentation is completed correctly, prepare regular work reports and specific technical reports when required. and maintain record of all maintenance activities for easy access to any internal and external auditors and surveyors.
• Liaises with ADNOC Offshore Head Quarter Job Officer to retrofit/upgrade/replace Nasr cranes with new having updated technology, safety aspects & specifications meeting existing & future requirements. allow optimum performance and availability, maximize equipment life expectancy to ensure continuous safe operation of equipment in an offshore environment.
• Identify and evaluate critical asset spares inventory, consumables and special tools. initiate purchase requisitions as required to support and secure the operation requirements, consulting with line manager. Coordinate and follow up with Headquarters Commercial and material engineers that adequate supplies are maintained.
• Follow up obsolete spare parts, check availability or equivalent and retrofit/upgrade/replacement of obsolete spares.
• Prepare for statutory inspections such as half yearly, yearly and quadrennial inspections, assists the dedicated inspectors and perform all required jobs related to these inspections. Ensures that all corrective actions related to statutory inspections are carried out without any delay and coordinates with other trades for implementation of same.
• Keeps a proper filling of certificates for all lifting equipment and loose gears. Coordinates with Inspection Services for any certification of new equipment and statutory inspection certificates.
• Create, review and revise lifting operation plan/procedures (LOP), and risk assessments for all lifting operation categories.
• Operational Knowledge of Lifting Equipment Regulation, and all relevant Codes/Standards for Inspection and Certification of Lifting Equipment.
• Evaluate and verify employee performance through the review of completed work assignments and work techniques. Identify staff development and training needs and ensure that training is obtained and appraise their performance on a quarterly and annual basis.
• Prepare annual budget with optimum budget estimates against relevant GL accounts for operating and capital expenditures anticipated within the section.
• Implement and follow up Development program of UAE Nationals Developees and regularly assesse them.
• Maintain a high level of HSE awareness and to continue with Risk assessments, toolbox talks, monthly safety meetings & HSE observations and to fully comply with all HSE requirements.
• B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent).
• 8-10 years' work experience in offshore lifting equipment operation and maintenance, at least 5 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
• Must have excellent leadership skills and be able to motivate staff for team work.
• Good in English language (reading, writing and communication skills).
• Familiar with the use of computerized maintenance management systems such as Maximo.
• Good working knowledge of MS Office programs.