Have you ever repositioned a luxury brand successfully?
We have a unique and amazing opportunity for a person who is naturally creative and who has the vision to recreate and become the voice of the brand; that will take full responsibility of the Brand s creative direction.
The Creative Director will be a key advisor and design stakeholder while maintaining a strong strategic and artistic voice, who must display a capacity to fully stand the values of Chalhoub Group with a strong focus on Leadership: Respect Fairness, Integrity, Humility, Excellence Role Model, Commitment and Efficiency and Entrepreneurial Spirit Leadership, Ingenuity and Team Spirit.
What you will be doing:
• Set the Division performance objectives and continuously monitor progress and development towards strategic objectives
• Design the Division framework and install best-practices, methodologies, techniques and principles
• Oversee and own the creative process of the Brand
• Act as the warrant of the Brand Identity and ensure that it is cascaded down to all functions including marketing, advertising, merchandising and buying
• Advise the GM on Creative-related issues that strategically impact the Brand
• Set the Division policies and procedures in order to ensure all relevant requirements are fulfilled to deliver high-quality services
• Set the yearly budget of the Brand in line with plans and needs
• Provide the Creative image and voice for the Brand in line with the Group Creative Director
• Act as Creative and Artistic advisor of the Brand while preserving the Group s own equity
• Provide Inspirational leadership and cradle a culture of creative development and curiosity
• Communicate the creative direction across the region
• Lead the highest standards of retail design
• Research the latest retail design strategies, materials and innovations
• Conduct analysis of retail drivers: commercial, consumer, product and brand requirements
• Scout the home decoration landscape to ensure the brand s portfolio is ahead of the curve, and products sourced are fulfilling customers expectations
• Receive trend forecasts and insights from Head of Growth and transmit across the region
• Deliver creative insights and strategies
• Champion and provide advice on international standards of Creative Visual Marketing and VM Best Practices in design and execution
• Evaluate Creative and VM network and resources, and provide insights, development paths to enhance team
• Develop latest trends and tendencies in Creative and VM and pipeline across the region
• Direct the creative function in line with the Group culture and strategic goals of the Groups equity
• Assure that creative product remains leading edge and ahead of the competition
• Receive creative direction from Group Creative Director
• Work closely with internal teams to generate ideas for creative development and proposals
• Develop creative programs and design concepts that meet the business strategic objectives of the organization
• Provide creative advice, guidance and consultancy on creative projects
• Monitor progress and standards on a systematic basis through meetings, reports review, site inspections and market visits
• Audit creative Design and Visual Merchandising output across the Brand
• Receive creative quality control coaching and insights from Group Creative Director to enhance standards
• Provide feedback to teams across the Brand
• Manage the P&L of the Division
• Assess service providers and purchase sources
• Inspire the team and provide continuous guidance and mentorship in order to create a performance-driven culture
• Lead the process of effective manpower planning, recruitment, training and development and ensure high level of employee engagement and motivation in the workplace
What you need to succeed in this role:
We see success in the role as having a strong knowledge of the luxury brand development with a background in visual merchandising and driving transformation activity. You would have successfully worked with teams consisting of brand designers, architects, store planners, forecasters and interior designers to recreate and reposition brands in an existing market. Solid background and understanding of global luxury brands, retail trends, fashion and interior design. Can confidently communicate creative strategies and strategic development of the Group s equity to key stakeholders. You will be a collaborative thinking, team leader and design strategist who brings out the best in retail consumer experiences. With minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with at least 5 years in a similar role and educated with University Degree in Art, Interior Design, or Business Management/ MBA is a plus.
We can offer you:
• The opportunity to reposition and recreate brands into a regional luxury status
• The chance to live and work in a dynamic regional retail hub.
• Staff discounts at all participating partner brands.
• Onsite Gym.
• Onsite Canteen serving daily lunch
Merchandising, Retail Design, Advertising, Retail, Marketing