• Maintain and adhered high level of aseptic techniques practices, disinfection, sterilisation standards and processes.
• To ensure efficient provision of decontaminated and sterile supplies for the Hospital.
• Implementing policies and procedures designed in accordance with Accreditation Standards.
• To ensure good communication and a happy and safe work environment.
• Ensure appropriate housekeeping (routine and specialized housekeeping activities) is carried out including additional maintenance cleaning as appropriate.
• Must have sterility conscious at all time.
Management of Equipment
• To follow the Standard Operation Procedure (SOP)/Manufacturer guidelines in care and maintenance of Steam Sterilizer, Washer Disinfector and other equipment.
• Perform daily cleaning, Dummy Run, Bowie Dick and Biological Test for Steam Sterilizer.
• Assist and perform weekly/monthly/yearly maintenance on all equipment in CSSD.
• Perform duty as assign in the decontamination area such as collecting and receiving contaminated/used/expired items from respective department.
• Check, document, disassembling used items and clean items by manual of mechanical technique.
• Manage instrument used for infectious cases according to the SOP.
• Perform daily cleaning of washer disinfector and weekly monitoring test.
Packing, Sterilization and Storage
• Perform duties such as drying, sorting, checking, assembling and packing instrument/item received from Decontamination Room.
• Select the appropriate sterilization cycle for each item/load, load item into the sterilizer according to the standard of practice.
• Ensure that policies and procedures are implemented and documented in regards to Sterilization procedures and test results.
• Store sterile items in the sterile store and distribute back to the respective department.
• Check, sterilized, supply and maintain adequate stock level of consumables.
Management of the Department
• Participate in preparing the department for Hospital accreditation, ensuring all relevant standards and guidelines are implemented and maintain.
• Participate to ensure adequate manpower, equipment, instrument and consumables are available for the effective and efficient management of department.
• Attend to all incoming stock, checked and stored in the appropriate places and perform documentation.
• Ensure that all specified items are serviced and in good working order.
• Participate in day to day management of the team, training and performance reviews in the absence of the Senior Technician/Manager
• Assist in checking and supervise new staffs to ensure standard of practices are maintained.
• Participate in providing orientation for new personnel in the unit.
• Participate in organizing the medical environment, performs support activities in patient care situations, including contingency operations and disasters.
• To be familiar with the policy and procedure manuals of the Hospital.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Serve on Hospital committees as assigned.