At AMSI, we invest in the personal and professional growth of our teachers and staff, and capitalize on their potential to deliver the best education for students. We are currently speci cally seeking quali ed Curriculum Coordinator to become part of our educational team, employed at one of the above school campuses.
The Curriculum Coordinator is a key member of the Senior Leadership Team who leads the curriculum development and implementation in the school. As such, he/she is expected to make a significant contribution to the overall direction of the school.
The Curriculum Coordinator shall be an expert on the adopted school curriculum and its standards. He/she implements and manages curriculum design and provides guidance to teachers and administrators on curriculum requirements, developing curriculum content and researching benchmarks for program development requirements.
The Curriculum Coordinator collaborates with the Teaching and Learning Coordinator to guide Subject Coordinators and other academic staff in ensuring that teaching and learning process is aligned with curriculum standards and with the general MVC of the school. She/he interprets changes to the curriculum, and informs the SLT and teachers of the implications of those changes.
The Curriculum Coordinator remains current with the requirements of statutory bodies and related authorities, particularly KHDA, including the UAE School Inspection Framework and the UAE National Agenda Parameter. The Curriculum Coordinator shall also ensure that the curriculum provides learning opportunities that meets the needs of all students.
The Curriculum Coordinator assists the Principal, Vice Principal and other SLT members with informal and formal assessment design, administration and analysis, ensuring that student achievement meets or exceeds the adopted curriculum standards.
Inherent in this position is a strong emphasis on research to remain up-to-date with the latest trends in education and curriculum initiatives. Therefore a personal and professional commitment to self and school improvement is an essential requirement for this job.
The Curriculum Coordinator shall provide support to Subject Coordinators and Heads of Sections in the CPD programs of the school. She/he will facilitate professional learning to help staff develop skills in improving the curriculum of the school.
The Curriculum Coordinator:
1. Is responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of all aspects of curriculum
2. Collaborates to design and guide the implementation of a comprehensive K-
12 curriculum mapping plans that includes academic standards, intervention classes, tutorial classes, activities and projects and others
3. Leads in the articulation and interpretation of curriculum across grades and subject areas
4. Coaches teachers in the effective implementation of the school program,
curriculum and learning strategies, and monitor and observe teachers on their use of these strategies
5. Assists and advises in the development of the curriculum elements such as assessment, resources, lesson plans and others
6. Acts as technical consultant and advisor for academic and non-academic staff
regarding curriculum issues
7. Works with SLT members to develop an integrated curriculum design that
ensures both horizontal and vertical continuity in the curriculum and instructional program
8. Evaluates continuously both the appropriateness of the curriculum and the
quality of the curriculum development program
9. Ensures curriculum compliance with MOE curriculum for Arabic, Islamic
Education and Social Studies, as well as California State standards for the rest of the subjects
10. Collaborates with the Teaching and Learning Coordinator to ensure that the
Teaching and Learning process leads to the implementation of the integrated curriculum using the thematic, interdisciplinary, and trans-disciplinary approaches of integration
11. Oversees the writing and editing of school publications and curriculum documents to be distributed among the academic staff and ensures the clarity and accuracy of these documents
12. Leads the process of formation of curriculum policies and implementation
13. Uses readily-available research data on curriculum trends in the continuous update of the school curriculum
14. Stays well-informed of new developments in curriculum and instruction, and provides leadership in determining their appropriateness for inclusion in the school educational program, including embedding ICT in subject disciplines
15. Collaborates with other school staff in identifying appropriate learning resources and keeping them accessible and up-to-date
16. Ensures the availability of resources for curriculum improvement
17. Communicates and interprets the approved curriculum to staff and public as
18. Recommends to the Principal the addition of new courses (electives) and oversees the curriculum development of these courses
19. Maintains a curriculum reference library for use by the academic staff
20. Collaborates with the SENDCO to ensure that the curriculum provides
learning opportunities for all groups of students
21. Analyzes feedback from stakeholders regarding curriculum and instruction and uses analysis results in the overall improvement of school curriculum
22. Works with academic staff to resolve issues and conflict arising from curriculum-related decisions
23. Provides instruction to academic staff on documentation requirements for curriculum development
24. Records all comments from teachers about the curriculum, analyzes the data
and integrate it into the program wherever applicable during the annual review
25. Recommends and deploys all best practices according to the latest trends wherever applicable in the curriculum
Industry Type :
Education / Training / Teaching / Academics
Functional Area :
HR / Human Relations / Industrial Relations
Desired Candidate Profile
• An advanced (post-graduate) university degree or education qualification (or its equivalent) from a recognized American university, or evidence she/he is working towards obtaining such a degree.
• Seven to ten years of cumulative experience in a similar position in the same or similar curriculum schools. Preferably holding teaching qualifications.
• Five or more years of outstanding classroom teaching skills and the capacity to support colleagues to continually improve their instruction.
• Demonstrated high level understanding of current trends in curriculum and the capacity to provide leadership in the alignment of these trends with the teaching and learning process Demonstrated outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
• Advanced computer skills supporting this type of work, including and not limited to word processing tools, spreadsheets, and presentation tools.
• High level of professional presentation skills, suitable for staff meetings, teacher training and other public assemblies.
• Highly developed organizational and planning skills, including managing time, competing priorities and resources in a structured way.
• Demonstrated ability to establish credibility within the whole school community.
• Demonstrated high level skill to examine and evaluate student learning data at the individual, group and whole school level and to use this data to improve teaching and student learning.
• Demonstrated ability to use appropriate interpersonal skills and cooperative work practices to develop and manage positive and cohesive teams.
• Demonstrated ability to set and manage clear and demanding performance expectations for individuals and teams.