Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Custodian, CAA - Iraq
The CAA (Cleared Access Area) Custodian/Escort will support PAE s Federal Programs in Iraq and will be based at one of four PAE sites in Iraq and serve the Operations and Maintenance Support Services (OMSS) contract in support of the U.S. Department of State.
• The CAA Custodian/Escort performs custodial services in the Embassy office area, conference rooms, special purpose (data processing and communication) areas, restrooms, lobbies, corridors and stairways
• Cleans office, corridors, restrooms, stairwells and other areas, including floors, walls and windows; shampoos carpets as necessary; performs dusting, sweeping, washing, vacuuming, stripping, waxing, polishing, replacing lights, cleaning equipment such as vacuum cleaners, waxers and polishers.
• Escorts uncleared employees into classified areas and monitors them while the perform maintenance duties
• Custodian/Escort must have a minimum of one year successful experience in a custodial position for an office and /or residential facility
• The CAA Custodian/Escort must have a minimum of one year successful experience escorting uncleared employees into classified areas
• Performs other duties as required
• Citizenship: US Citizenship is required for this position
• Security Vetting: Must possess or have the ability to obtain an Active Secret security clearance and maintain eligibility throughout the contract
• Must be able to lift and carry seventy pounds
• Education: High school graduate or GED is required
• Language Skills: Professional English communication skills, both oral and written
• Medical: Favorable passage of a drug screen and physical examination
• Experience working with PAE
• Experience working with SOW
• Prior overseas experience is highly desirable
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must possess or have the ability to obtain/maintain a Secret Security clearance for the duration of the program.
• Knowledge of ALL principles and processes involved in supporting custodial and escort functions at an overseas facility
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer services
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules
• Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective
• Expert computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team
• Must have the ability to be innovative and be an agent for change
• Expert communication skills to facilitate and disseminate information
WORKING AND LIVING CONDITIONS:
This position may be located in a war zone, in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere desert-like environment. Temperatures can reach 120- 130 degrees Fahrenheit/50-55 degrees Celsius during the summer months. Employees must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere, extreme environment, as well as willing and able to deploy to Iraq for extended periods. Work schedules are a minimum of 6 days per week and 10 hours per day, while some jobs have higher daily and weekly minimums. Employees must be willing and able to perform physical activities including, but not limited to, heavy lifting and moving of items, parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time and being capable of running and duck & cover during emergencies without putting oneself or others at risk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
PAE is a drug-free workplace.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
Industry Type :
General Trading / Export / Import
Functional Area :
Guards / Security Services