The Security Specialist is responsible for making recommendations regarding the development and implementation of security efforts and technologies that protect project, personal data and servers. The individual in this position reports to Security Director and CEO.
What you'll do:
As the member of Morning Star Technologies project team, you will be doing work that directly affects our ability to trade every day. Your main responsibilities will be:
• Performs analysis, design, and development of security features for system architectures.
• Recognizes problems by identifying abnormalities; reporting violations.
• Analyzes and defines security requirements for computer systems which may include mainframes, workstations, and personal computers.
• Prepares investigative and/or incident reports, procedures, and checklists as required.
• Collaborates and integrates the selection of applicable technical security equipment and devices.
• Analyzes general information assurance-related technical problems and provides basic engineering and technical support in solving these problems.
• Establishes and maintains effective internal and external relations with Law Enforcement and/or other agencies to support security objectives.
• Assists in the planning, organization of employee and contractor security education and awareness training; conducts training and coordinates internal training needs with the Corporate Training Division.
• Provides recommendations on programs, investigations, training, and security processes/ procedures.
• Performs administrative tasks and other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
• Experience in information security or related field at least 5years.
• Experience with computer network penetration testing and techniques.
• Understanding of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus, and IDPS concepts.
• Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them.
• Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies and methods
• Experience designing secure networks, systems and application architectures
• Knowledge of disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies and methods
• Professional experience in a system administration role supporting multiple platforms and applications