Your Role and Responsibilities
As an IBM Data & AI Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of cognitive technologies. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and our clients' stakeholders.
Responsible for creating the technical solution architecture for a given business problem and taking a leadership role in overseeing the ultimate proposal with support from the client technical professionals in Data & AI.
Requires in-depth knowledge of all the building blocks for Cognitive solutions: Data Management and Collection, Data Integration, Data Quality, Data Governance, Master Data Management, BI, Data Science, Machine learning, Open Source, ModelOps & AI.
The individual should have experience in helping define requirements and selecting complementary components for development of a solution blueprint. Expected to have a thorough understanding of content formats, representations, data sources, content management systems and interfaces to these, with the goal of covering the full information path from source to knowledge base and from input to processing the content in cognitive computing solutions.
• Provide best of breed, fit for purpose technology strategy and architectural recommendations based on IBM Data & AI solutions
• General data architecture proposal support and design
• Be accountable for creating end-to-end solution design and development on industry leading cognitive offerings
• Oversee the architecture for the cognitive components including unstructured data technologies, cognitive APIs, NLP technologies, and related data/analytics concepts, e.g. data warehousing, business intelligence, data integration, enterprise information management, master data management and/or data consolidation projects.
• Leadership in cross-functional teams
• Assist in assuring client satisfaction and maintaining a strong client relationship
• Support pre-sales activities and CTPs (Client Technical Professionals) engagements
• Build, grow, and steward client and business partner relationships
• You are passionate about mentoring other team members and look to extend learnings from engagements and R&D with the company as a whole
• Strong soft skills that you can bring to bear to drive organizational and operational transformation
• Demonstrated ability to engage with and present to both executives and engineering teams. You understand overarching business goals as well as technical implications and are able to speak to both