Data Analyst II
Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region.
About Careem NOW
Careem NOW is the digital platform for delivery of goods and services throughout the region. Launching in 2018, it marks Careem s expansion into the delivery market as the company moves beyond ride-hailing and into mass deliveries, mass transportation and payments.
Accordingly, we are now looking for exceptional people to help bring Careem NOW to the region and live the values of Careem as part of our mission to simplify and improve lives and build an awesome organisation that inspires, standing as a world-class institution from the region, for the region.
About the role:
• Embark on exploratory data analysis projects to achieve a better understanding of phenomena as well as to discover untapped areas of growth and optimization.
• Help define and track the appropriate key metrics for specific projects.
• Lead cross-functional projects to address targeted issues, you or others identify.
• Design and run randomized controlled experiments, analyse the resulting data and communicate results with other teams.
• 2 years of experience in an analyst and/or business intelligence roles.
• Ability to lead projects based on insights from analysis.
• Experience with SQL-based database technologies, (T-SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.).
• Experience with business intelligence and visualization tools, (Tableau, Micro Strategy, ChartIO, Qlik), along with geospatial data processing skills.
• Experience with marketing and product tools such as Google Analytics, Adjust, Braze, Hubspot, etc.
• Fluency in English and Arabic along with excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Happy to work in cross-functional teams.