About the Role
• To lead data analytics function, develop and deliver the annual Data Analytics (DA) Plan for DP World Group to support GIA, BUs, Regional and Head Office Management.
• To lead routine to moderately complex DA assignments effectively to identify control weaknesses using Data Analytics tools for full population data testing.
To produce effective and accurate DA findings and reports to communicate exceptions identified. Experience
• To lead and perform IT moderately complex DA projects includes plan, define scope, develop and execute tests, data ETL and report findings to various recipients in agreed format and level of detail
• Lead and set up Data Analytics program using ACL and other appropriate tools to perform analytics for areas e.g. Journal Entry testing, revenue reconciliation between billing and operational systems, support finance audit teams with CAATs (computer assisted audit techniques), conducts data extraction and analysis using ACL
• Maintain DA Universe and DA Risk universe for DP World Group with input from F&O, IT Audit, ERM and FRS.
• Develop, maintain and report on: DA Long term and short term strategy; criteria to evaluate risks and factors to determine DA requirements.
• Own and deliver a suite of value driven assurance analytics services across multiple DP World Terminals / Regions in a repeatable and sustainable manner;
• Act as an independent advisor and assurance provider to assist DP World senior management in verifying data integrity on key performance evaluation or decision making metrics;
• Responsible for leading and implementing the Operationalization Plan for DA Strategy
• Identify, document, maintain the needs, benefits, value adds of DA for various stakeholders, processes, high risk areas, marketing material
• Identify document maintain the processes, areas, where DA can be implemented with input from Stakeholders, CAE, DA Committee, and GIA departments
• Develop the DA Service Offering Catalogue, define the DA to be done; data needed; duration and effort required; the objective; benefits achieved; deliverables; resourcing; etc
• Engage with DA project stakeholders at levels to agree DA planned projects by presenting benefits, values adds. Linking back to business benefits/ objectives, controls, risks, efficiency, etc.
• Responsible for performing annual DA risk assessment, develop annual DA plan with input from DAS IT Associate and key stakeholders Regions, BUs, Head Office departments, Finance Audit, IT Audit, ERM, FRS and other stakeholders.
• Work with CAE, GM IS Audit to finalize annual DA plan & staffing. Present DA plan to DA Committee for review & Obtain AC approval.
• Develop and maintain annual schedule for agreed DA services / projects work with input from various GIA teams
• Perform DA feasibility study from an effort and data perspective Availability (can we get the data with a reasonable amount of effort), structure (is the data structured in a consistent manner), integrity (is the data well organized and clean), IT availability (are existing IT resources available and capable of providing the DA project team with the data they need in the required time frame).
• Develop DA Delivery SoW including - objective, scope, task list, timelines, for each DA project, determine roles and responsibilities, IT SoW, issue engagement memo to project sponsor and obtain approval to proceed. Guide DAS Associate to develop IT SoW, review and finalize IT SoW.
• Define entry criteria for a project to qualify as a DA initiative.
• Periodically review the technology and tools being used for the DA and suggest to CAE, DA Committee, GM IS Audit services on the applicability of the tools.
• Review the standard Data ETL requirements for various DA projects, Understand, and review documents for data structures under each area where DA projects are delivered.
• Be custodian of DA repository - Develop and Maintain a library of scripts and visualizations for the tests conducted by the DA team.
• Keep up to date with the DA industry trends and advancements by investing in self-learning and being an active member and contributor at organizations such as ISACA, DA forums, IT Audit/ DA groups,
• Conducts non-audit projects (e.g. incident reviews, business process reviews, compliance reviews, fraud investigations, project reviews).
• Complies with Fatal Risk Standards, Health & Safety Policy and safe working practices, ensure responsibility for safety and discipline in work area and report accidents and near misses in accordance with defined safety procedures;
• Acts as ambassador for the company at all times internally and externally;
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Understand and adheres to DP World s Code of Conduct Policy.
• Ensure that their direct reports are trained and evaluated on their knowledge of and adherence to compliance policies and procedures specific to their jobs.
The above outlined responsibilities are not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out other tasks that are appropriate to your role in addition to these.
• Ability to quickly identify signs of control and procedure weaknesses or failures within disparate business functions;
• Demonstrates know-how of company and business process flows and company s business and applies this knowledge to identify recommendations;
• Possibility to travel internationally on an occasional basis (between 0 - 30% travel);
• Perform all assigned audit duties in manner that reflects the highest professional standards and complies with the guidelines of the Institute of Internal Auditors;
Industry Type :
Shipping / Freight
Functional Area :
Data Entry / Operations / Back Office Processing
Desired Candidate Profile
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor of Finance/ Accounting/ IT, with experience in delivering and managing DA projects, experience in implementing data analytics at an organization
• 2 or more Audit / DA related qualifications in good standing e.g. IIA, CIA, CMA, CISA, etc
• Solid verbal and written communication skills, Presentation skills are a must.
• Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with the business users, management and department heads with the DP World Group. Ability to influence top management and executive to obtain support and buy in on DA initiatives.
• Strong interpersonal skills ability to work closely with people at all levels of the organization and facilitate the implementation of corrective action
• Good communicator with analytical and problem solving skills, good commercial acumen
• Proficiency in languages e.g. Arabic, French, Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin an advantage
• Ability to work as a team player with flexible hours often in split environments.
• Self-starter, working with minimal supervision
• 2-3 years Corporate/ industry experience in a finance manager / ERP administration or implementation role
• 6 to 8 years post qualification audit experience
• 3 years of ACL / DA experience including designing DA solutions, implementing and developing ETL/ scripts and presenting results
• Thorough understanding of Audit procedures, internal controls, Data Analytics benefits and delivery
• Knowledge of financial processes and systems
• Understanding of DA benefits, value adds, and how these ties back to risk, controls, business needs
• Working knowledge of ACL importing data from various sources flat files, databases, etc; categorizing and storing data in ACL; writing ACL scripts to analyze the data and present outputs in a report in excel or other formats;