International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI) , a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Data Management Officer
Department/Location: Crisis, Conflict, and Governance; Amman, Jordan
Reports To: Project Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is an exempt level position and is not eligable for overtime pay
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Data Management Officer for a proposal for the five-year Yemen Continuous Learning and Evaluation program (YCLE). The purpose of YCLE is to provide a wide range of services to USAID to enable it to effectively monitor program performance and operational context; evaluate the performance and results of USAID/Yemen programs; and learn and adapt for improved effectiveness.
This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Manage all significant and relevant data required by USAID/Yemen in order to inform annual reports and communications documents.
• Provide quantitative results that will feed into analysis, evaluations, performance monitoring and other tasks.
• Develop recommendations and an action plan to design a database to meet USAID s needs.
• Work closely with Project team to identify data needs and solutions.
• Provide ongoing management, tracking, and analyzing data, and provide the Chief of Party with specialized quality control and data analyses for reports for the USAID/Yemen mission.
• Provide robust technical oversight of data produced.
• Oversee data verification and validation of all data managed by YCLE.
• Provide leadership in YCLE s data management responsibilities, including serving as the field-based point of contact with any database related subcontractors or consultants.
• Responsible for all data entry; may include supervision of data entry staff (interns, consultants) as well as direct data entry.
• Lead the conceptualization and/or design of data collection and analysis efforts, including designing methodologies, data collection tools, and data analysis plans.
• Participate in the production and quality control of assessments, data, analytical reports, and evaluations.
• Recommend or prepare data visualizations for relevant reports, presentations, or other products.
• Oversee quarterly analysis and reporting of YCLE s internal performance monitoring data.
• Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated experience in maintaining databases of qualitative and quantitative data; experience in designing databases strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the following: database design and management, design of research methodologies, quantitative data analysis (including multivariate), experimental or quasi-experimental research design, data visualization.
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of one or more statistical and/or data mining products such as SPSS, R, Stata or SAS.
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of qualitative data analysis software applications, such as Atlas.ti or Nvivo preferred.
• Intermediate knowledge of one or more geospatial analysis software applications such as ArcGIS, or QGIS strongly preferred.
• Strong organizational skills, analytical capabilities, able to work in a fast-paced environment, demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Experience in remote management strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in database design, management, and data analysis roles.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with USAID or other donor-funded projects required.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability and willingness to work with all levels of the organization.
• Oral and written fluency in English and Arabic required.
Education: Bachelor s degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics or related discipline required.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in Jordan.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.