• Administration, installation and maintenance of web servers and Middleware
• Selection of appropriate applications server or web server platform and operating system
• Ensure routine back-ups of the web and application servers occur
• Good with open source tools and troubleshooting application servers and middleware
• Ensure high availability of middleware and web sites ensuring full recoverability
• Good understanding of database design principles and integrations using connectors
• Prepare and implement proper disaster recovery plans for all applications and websites
• Experience of building and maintaining Internet platforms, particularly system administration, strong with automation tasks
• Flexibility to work on extended support hours on need basis
• Ability to work under pressure
• Excellent communication skills
• Good understanding of security issues on Internet facing web infrastructures and securing middleware
• Generate proper statistics on key measurements for all the web and applications server performance
Key Performance Areas
Area of Knowledge:
• Sound technical Skill in Oracle and SQL Server and knowledge of mysql
• Sound knowledge of Windows servers, Unix/Linux
• Experience in working and migrations to cloud technology
• Experience of building and maintaining applications on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and windows 2012 environments
• Experience of building and maintaining applications servers Jboss, Weblogic , Apache and Tomcat
• Working knowledge of Microsoft dynamics
• Webmethods administration and good with integrations using ESB.
• Informatica administration and management
• Knowledge and worked with technologies like asp.net, java , j2ee , VB , sql & pl/sql , IIS 6,7.5,8.5
• Experience in programming with scripting languages e.g. unix shell or Perl
• Masters/Bachelor s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent.
• Microsoft Certified Solutions expert (MCSE )
• AWS, Oracle or Azure cloud certified
• Oracle Weblogic Server administrator certified Preference
• Power centre Administrator certified specialist Added value
• Web methods ESB administrator certified Added value
Behavioral Competencies of the Position
• Adaptability to creatively and innovatively find solutions to problems;
• Customer Focus/Listening Skill;
• Building successful teams;
• Attention to Detail;
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills;
• Able to work independently;
• Ability to make an Impact and persuade.
Technical Competencies of the Job
Functional Skills/Physical Competencies: e.g. Industry Knowledge, Stress Management, Time Management, Relationship Management.
• Logical structure thought processing to find sound solutions,
• Drive teams for successful outcomes,
• Design formal Project plans and present to key stakeholders,
• Able to manage transversal teams and project concepts succinctly and concisely,
• Able to focus self and team under pressure for long periods, prioritize important tasks and adhere to tight timelines
General Working Conditions
Will be required to work long hours when necessary, might be required to travel to other sites
• 08:00 to 17:00 KSA local time (Sunday to Thursday)
• On Call support 24/7 on rotation
Interested on this role? Please hit apply button or share your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Data & Middleware Support Engineer (J8C16) as subject line.
We will get back to you shortly for further discussions.
Or please refer someone who could be a good fit and would be interested.
All the best.