IBM Analytics business unit is looking for Technical Sales Specialist professionals to join the team. You will be at the forefront bringing Data Science and Business Analytics (DS&BA) solutions to our clients based on a comprehensive product portfolio that delivers trusted information to the business.
Who you are & what you'll do:
The DS&BA Technical Specialist will work closely with the IBM Analytics Sales Specialists and the Technical Team to solve all technical related matters for our customers during pre-sales progression. This exciting position requires that you understand customer's business needs as well as the IBM DS&BA solutions.
IBM's leading products in categories such as Data Science (SPSS, Ilog Decision Optimization and Data Science Experience) and Business Analytics (Cognos Analytics, Planning Analytics and Watson Analytics)
You are IBM s technical sales consultant to our clients and the technical sales support for IBM sales teams. You will
1) understand the client's business requirements and technical requirements,
2) apply industry-specific knowledge and experience as well as deep product skill and competitive knowledge to bring new business and technology insights to your assigned clients.
This position is for a technical sales specialist who has support sales of complex offerings in a competitive environment. We are looking for technical sales specialists that have wide experience in Data Science and Business Analytics technology, including hands-on work, yet have the experience to run a complex sales campaign.
Key soft skills
• Ability to articulate the value of IBM's DS&BA Portfolio
• Ability to understand market dynamics of the Data Science and Business Analytics space to lead competitive positioning from a technical and economical perspective.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the economics behind capital purchases and tradeoffs of on-premise and cloud-based software solutions..
• Understand prospect insiders and how competition sells to the account. Develop insights from this and from public sources.
• Grow your vast technical acumen on DS&BA, the ecosystem and customer critical and specific solutions.
• Stay ahead and on top of all new product features and fixes.
• Provide technical consultation and education to the Sales team by keeping them apprised on new product information.
Key technical skills
• Experience with core enabling technologies, Databases, networking, Unix, Linux, Windows operating systems.
• Knowledge in the Business Analytics space: Cognos Analytics, Planning Analyitcs, Qlick view, Tableau, Power BI, etc.
• Knowledge in Data Science space: SPSS, Decision Optimization, SAS, R and Python programming, etc. and Open Source space: Apache Hadoop, etc.
• Experience with data integration and governance solutions, including but not limited to IBM Information Server, Informatica, Oracle, Talend, Ab Initio.
Industry Type :
IT - Software Services
Functional Area :