Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here .
ABOUT THE ROLE:
You will work closely with product and engineering teams to define and tackle open-ended problems. In the process, you will:
• Embark on exploratory data analysis projects to achieve better understanding of phenomena as well as to discover untapped areas of growth and optimization.
• Help define and track the approperiate key metrics for specific projects.
• Design and run randomized controlled experiments, analyze the resulting data and communicate results with other teams,
• Collaborate with engineers to build prototype predictive models into production and re-iterate as needed.
Some of the problems the data science team works on are: Dynamic pricing optimization. Optimal dispatching. Fraud detection and prevention. ETA prediction. Location search optimization.
The ideal candidate is innovative, detail-oriented, result-focused, has a solid quantitative background, business savvy, and takes full ownership of their work from the inception of the idea to the implementation of the final product. In particular, the requirements are
• 2+ years experience in data mining, predictive modeling, time series analysis, machine learning, Big Data methodologies, transformation and cleaning of both structured and unstructured data.
• Fluency in English along with excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Proficiency and experience in at least 2 of the following: SQL, R, Python, Spark, Hive, RapidMiner.
• Demonstrated experience with database technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Amazon EMR, Hive, Oracle, SAP, DB2, Teradata, MS SQL Server, MySQL) is a plus.
• Demonstrate experience with business intelligence and visualization tools (Tableau, MicroStrategy, ChartIO, Qlik) along with geospatial data processing skills is also a plus.
• Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline such as Physics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science.
• Knowledge of Agile methodologies
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.
Industry Type :
Logistics / Transportation / Warehousing / Courier
Functional Area :