The Day Auditor as ambassador of Sofitel Dubai Downtown is required to actively promote the quality image of the company and the hotel at every opportunity.
Your role as a Day Auditor includes key responsibilities such as:
- To control daily receipts and prepare daily sales and statistic reports.
- To ensure that all hotel revenues are correctly accounted for and rule out any Fraud / misappropriations.
- Ensure the Hotel revenues are adequately audited, recorded and audits are performed accordingly.
- Support the teams as necessary not limiting the section responsible.
- Ensure policy and procedures are followed in all revenue streams.
- Play a key role to support business while assisting the teams.
- When support is needed support other sections as directed by your direct reports.
- Checks the lost posting folio and transfers the charges, if any, to the correct folio.
- Checks occupancy of the day.
- Checks expected arrivals and departures.
- Verifies the Front Office Cashier s audit with supporting vouchers, folios and Front Officesystem to check the following:
- Cash folios are tallied with Opera cash.
- City ledger folios are signed by the guest, and supported by LPO, charge slip and registration card.
- Credit card folios and purchase slips are signed by the guest and tallies with each other.
- All charge slips to the guest folio has the guest signature on it.
- Paid out vouchers are signed by the guest, and front office manager on duty, with supporting vouchers.
- Verifies if all rebates have proper explanations and approvals.
- Approvals to be verified for complimentary rooms, late checkouts with no charges, and day use room charges.
- Business call journal to be printed and checked to see that all long distance calls faxes are supported with Business Calls Authorization voucher.
- Verifies room rate variance report.
- Print Room Charge Report for the day , and tally service charge and tax for room revenue.
- Print the following reports and tally with supporting vouchers, Visa Income, Marhaba charges, Miscellaneous Income, etc.
- Runs night audit.
- Prepares daily revenue report.
- Prepare summaries of rebates, paid outs and business calls.
- Releases Opera to all users after the night audit is completed.
- Verifies P.M. Account summary.
- Verifies no shows and cancellations of the day.
- Controls all revenue vouchers serially.
- To log all discrepancies and important points that occurred during the night audit.
We are looking to appoint a Day Auditor for the stunning 5* Sofitel Dubai Downtown who thrives in a high pressured and rewarding team environment and is looking for a career with a hospitality leader.
The ideal candidate will be a friendly, caring, dedicated individual with good cross cultural sensitivity and the willingness to put in an extra effort and time when required, as well as the passion to serve customers. You will work well under pressure in a fast paced environment and enjoy working with a multi-cultural team and guests alike, while possessing following additional competencies:
At least 1-2 years experience in similar position, preferably in a luxury hotel in UAE
Good knowledge in Opera and Micros
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required
Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
Selected candidates will be contacted within 5-7 working days
Industry Type :
Hotels / Hospitality
Functional Area :
Accounts / Taxation / Audit / Company Secretary