No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives . Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
The job purpose of the role of the Dealer Principal with Trading Enterprises will be to:
Direct, motivate, and coach location employees to assure they consistently offer superior levels of service to the customer.
Lead and maximize the performance of all the location s operational functions: New Car Sales, Used Car Sales, Mechanical, Services (where applicable), Spare Parts, Accessories, Personnel Dpt. and related Support Services Dept.
Direct the activities of all departmental managers; coaching them in establishing their departmental financial and non-financial objectives: Sales, profits, capital expenditures, manpower, Employee Engagement, Customer Engagement; and, continuously monitor and evaluate their progress toward achieving those objectives.
Promote a cooperative work environment where employees can prosper; find rewards in their efforts; and, be challenged to continuously improve.
Ensure branch compliance with company mission, vision, values, and all Government regulations relating to employment, compensation, safety, harassment, and discrimination.
Your key responsibilities will be but not be limited to:
• Assumes ultimate accountability for the achievement of the budgeted operational objectives in revenue, volume, profit, Guest engagement, and employee engagement; thereby, maximizing returns on investment.
• Manage overall Location and Service Center financial budgetary goals and HR forecasts.
• Demonstrate self-management, time management and process management skills. Able to promote, coordinate, and support change.
• Manage location activities to ensure they are carried out as per the company s policies and procedures through effective communication and monitoring. Ensure compliance to brand standards and values by all staff by living the brand and educating all location staff.
• Ensure Management and other stakeholders are kept informed of progress and issues related to location operations.
• Participate in annual strategy planning and objective settings, and follow up with quarterly and monthly business plan reviews.
• Able to present effectively and eloquently to both internal and external stakeholders
• Manage documentation and legal government relation matters pertaining to the centre by adhering to the prescribed government rules and procedures to minimize legal implications to location operation.
• Responsible for managing the daily functional and operational activities of the different business departments in the centre through regular discussions to achieve smooth business operations.
• Direct, manage and develop employees in the location by providing regular feedback and updates to management pertains their performance to enhance the level of employees engagement.
• Manage high level customer escalations or issues arising out of transactional situations by promoting Guest First philosophy to ensure overall location engagement targets are achieved.
• Promote location ISO activities in order to attain and retain certification.
• Responsible for managing a talent pool of location sales and service professionals and coaching team members on the technical aspects of the company's products and services through robust location marketing campaigns and sales promotion techniques, procedures and standards to achieve location sales targets and sustainable growth.
• Responsible to monitor the performance of service operations within the location through enhancing and re-allocating location resources to improve overall location results.
• Above all have a passion for automotive industry. Our brands within Trading Enterprises are some of the most iconic brands on a global platform. An individual with the passion to drive sales and service levels by coaching and developing our associates to deliver the service levels our customers desire.
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge: Bachelor s Degree or Equivalent
Minimum Experience: The job holder should have a minimum 5 years automotive industry experience with at least 2 years as a Branch or Service Manager.
Job-Specific Competencies: Ability to close deals, fairly good understanding of technical aspects of automotive, excellent leadership skills and ability to build strong cohesive teams while being very good at strategic thinking and problem solving
Behavioural Competencies: Results Oriented, totally customer centric, ability to manage multiple stakeholders.
We re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click apply : Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Industry Type :
Functional Area :
Sales / Business Development