Report To: Supply Chain Manager
Scope of the Job: MRP & Demand planning throughout the company supply Chain.
• The Demand Planning position we are looking for will be responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products.
• The Demand Planner creates and maintains forecast models for their customers, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, retailer replenishment analysts, and other sources (i.e.: Nielsen or other syndicated consumer data). This position is the talent pool for the Senior Demand Planner, and Demand Planning Manager positions within the Organization.
• Responsible for the supply and demand cycles through collaboration with Sales and Production throughout the goods value chain.
• Determining & maintaining the optimum level of the Material for production operations, finished goods stocks, other support service materials in the light of the overall business strategy
• Responsible for Inventory control
• Responsible for scheduling all issued work orders depend on the availability of the raw material & finish goods, delivery terms, the capacity & the optimum level of production
• Responsible for MRP module within the ERP system.
• Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
• Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
• Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
• Interact with sales, marketing, and customer finance to understand demand forecast drivers.
• Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing and Customer Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
• Use and maintain the Demand Planning software as the primary forecasting system tool.
• Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
• Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans with supply planning.
• Determine and develop appropriate analytical frameworks, approaches, and models.
• Investigate irregularities and variances between forecasted information and actual information.
• Address supply and demand related challenges using the appropriate problem-solving and investigation method.
• Frequently read text in both print and non-print media trend, economic, and statistical information, trade magazines, newsletters, purchasing and inventory documentation, agreements and contracts, performance reports, consumer report.
• Decisions are made in line with the strategy of the organization.
• Participate in strategic decisions.
• Make decisions with market, economic, social, and political environments taken in to account
Industry Type :
Engineering Design & Consulting
Functional Area :
Logistics / Supply Chain