Under the supervision of the Chef in Charge and according to the outlet's requirements, prepare food items following recipes and menus, and responsible for the timely preparation, set up and replenishment of mise-en-place; coordinate and supervise the activities of the subordinates.
At Crowne Plaza , we want our guests to feel able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognized for their success. To help them, we need you to stay One Step Ahead and:
Create Confidence - by being an expert at what you do; by acting and looking the part and adapting your style to match your guests' pace in all you do. Encourages Success - by supporting and respecting your guests and their goals; by recognizing them and making them feel valued and important and offering thoughtful choices to help them feel restored and balanced M ake It Happen - by being perceptive to your guests' needs; by taking ownership for getting things done and working seamlessly with others to help guests be successful. Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist Sous Chefs in the performance of their culinary and other duties, the needs of the outlets and company standards.
2. Preparation of food items according to recipes and menus, including specialized Breads production for Breakfast 'Theme Nights', buffets, banquets and a la carte.
3. Supervise and coordinate the activities of subordinates ensuring their work is produced to standard, taking full charge of the section and colleagues when directed to do so.
4. Checks the daily menus, function sheets, par stocks and mise en place lists.
5. Records all recipes and procedures in own recipe book.
6. Ensure cleanliness, hygiene and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, equipment, tables, fridges, freezers, kitchen area and cold rooms.
7. Supervision of buffet replenishment and clearance.
8. Preparation and set up daily mise en place and buffets as per standards.
9. Arranges plates and helps in dishing our meal portions according to Kitchen Order Tickets (KOTs).
10. In charge of food hygiene and temperature control for responsible section.
11. As directed, prepares colleagues rosters.
12. Store requisitions and stock control, as directed, in accordance with FIFO system (first in first out).
13. All other duties assigned by Sous Chefs and direct supervisors.
1. Comply with Hotel Rules and Regulations and provisions contained in the Employment Handbook
2. Comply with Company Grooming Standards at all times to portray a professional image of self and the hotel.
3. Comply with Time and Attendance Policies set by the hotel.
4. Actively participate in training and development programs and maximize opportunities for self-development
5. Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety
6. Familiarize yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures
7. Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention of the Line Manager
8. Comply with the Company's Corporate Code of Conduct
9. Familiarize self with the company values (Great Hotels Guests Love) and model desired behaviors (Winning Ways, Room to be Yourself) and ways of working (IHG Wheel).
10. Perform all tasks as directed by the Manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals
The above is designed to help you in the understanding of the role and is not intended to be a definite list of your duties, as flexibility in meeting company and guest needs is required by all employees
Industry Type :
Hotels / Hospitality
Functional Area :
Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Front Desk