The Deployment/Systems Engineer identifies computing requirements and confers on system needs. They will perform a multi-discipline range of technical systems and application activities, including installations, configurations and maintenance of multiplatform systems hardware, software and components. They will develop, design, integrate and maintain all computer applications. Prepare release planning for software and hardware across the system. The Engineer will insure the system conforms with architectural objectives and evaluate complex system's production readiness and supportability. They will perform the restoration of routine to complex computing service operations and integrate security solutions into information systems.
Title: Deployment/Systems Engineer III
Location: Muscat, Oman
• Identifies and analyzes options, advises end users, supplier partners and business partners in identifying and documenting computing delivery system requirements. Ensures the effective use of computing delivery systems, products and services. Performs consultation with internal business partners, customers and security organizations on use of IT solutions to address security and business needs in closed or isolated environments.
• Performs installation, configuration, change and relocation for routine to complex computing delivery systems components (e.g., imaging devices, computing hardware/software, video, network, telephony) in support of the end user requirements, as specified by company policies and procedures.
• Performs the restoration of routine to complex computing service operations with minimum disruption to the business, using standard tools and business processes.
• Researches and conducts root cause analysis to identify problem, recommend possible solutions for problem resolution, reporting and post problem analysis to meet business requirements.
• Leads the integration of change and release process of multiple disciplines by analyzing designs, evaluating and determining if there are production impacts, ensuring it is ready for production. Recommends technical corrections to the change and implementation plan and approves production readiness. Ensures mitigation plans are in place and adhered to by change focal. Tracks change through implementation and closure.
• Evaluates the readiness and supportability of routine to complex computer delivery systems components and their compliance with design, build, test and release using standard tools and business processes.
• Evaluates and certifies computing delivery systems components to ensure reliability, integrity and compliance with architectural objectives using standard tools and business processes.
• Monitors and performs routine to complex administrative functions to maintain and enhance computing delivery system management tools for hardware, software, network and operating systems using standard tools and business processes.
• Conducts advanced research to understand technology and business requirements. Evaluates and approves designs that meet certification requirements for advanced systems security and closed area systems integration (applications, middleware, and infrastructure). Identifies and provides system architecture solutions integrating security plans and program requirements for single or small-scale systems within closed or isolated environments under the guidance of more senior architects. Applies systems engineering and architecture design basic methods, processes, tools and techniques to analyze technology and process integration requirements within a single system. Collaborates to ensure the relevance of architecture and system designs to business process requirements. Develops test plans and procedures to test solutions.
• Researches technology trends to support product development and program execution within closed or isolated environments. Designs, tests and implements demonstration projects to validate benefits. Defines requirements for production deployment of advanced IT solutions in order to improve programs, products and processes.
Typical Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' or a PhD degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Preferred Qualifications and/or Experience:
• General programming experience
• Prior experience in customer facing environment is preferred
• Prior system administration experience is preferred
• Java, Perl, shell scripting experience is desired
• Installation, configuration, and maintenance experience with Oracle s SQL and PL/SQL is desired
• JBoss, Tomcat, Apache Installation and Configuration experience is preferred
• Experience with ERP systems like Oracle, SAP, JDA or similar is preferred