Tapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of industry experience designing, implementing, training and supporting logistics information systems.
We have over 800 employees worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective information technology and business intelligence solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85 defense, commercial and government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries, including multiple forward operating bases in Afghanistan.
Title: Deployment Engineer II
Location: Muscat, Oman
Processes computing requirements. Participates in a multi-disciplined range of technical systems and application support activities. Supports the installation, configuration and maintenance of multiplatform systems hardware, software and components. Documents, implements and maintains computer applications. Assists with release planning for software and hardware across the system. Assists with evaluation of architecture to ensure compatibility with computing system. Assists with evaluation of system against architectural objectives. Restores routine computing service operations. Supports problem determination/resolution and security of information systems.
• Assists in the definition, development and deployment of IT processes and computing standards. Assists in the refinement of processes.
• Participates in the analysis of current and anticipated routine computing requirements for end user, business partner and supplier partner to meet business objectives. Performs basic cost-benefit analyses to identify the most efficient computing solutions.
• Participates in gathering and documenting routine computing system requirements and issues with end users, supplier partners and business partners. Seeks guidance in determining the effective use of computing delivery systems products and services.
• Supports the installation, configuration, change and relocation for routine computing delivery systems components (e.g., imaging devices, computing hardware/software, video, network, telephony) in support of the end user requirements, as specified by company policies and procedures.
• Performs the restoration of routine computing service operations with minimum disruption to the business, using standard tools and business processes.
• Gathers data from existing software tools and participates in problem determination, problem resolution, error tracking and reporting to minimize the adverse effect to the business caused by errors in the infrastructure.
• Participates in planning sessions to gather requirements and identify roles and responsibilities in support of basic to routine release plans for software, hardware and associated documentation across the computing delivery system environment to minimize the impact of the change.
• Assists in the evaluation of the readiness and supportability of routine computer delivery systems components and their compliance with design, build, test and release using standard tools and business processes.
• Assists in the evaluation and certification of computing delivery systems components to ensure reliability, integrity and compliance with architectural objectives using standard tools and business processes.
• Participates in monitoring and performing routine administrative functions to maintain and enhance computing delivery system management tools for hardware, software, network and operating systems using standard tools and business processes.
• Performs data gathering on a specific technology to support research and development for closed or isolated environments. Documents basic requirements from end users.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Typical Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Good understanding of Java application deployment with Tomcat, JBoss, Jetty, etc. preferred
• JVM monitoring and root cause analysis preferred
• Monitoring of application behavior, development of tools/scripts preferred
• Windows and Linux system administration preferred
• Basic understanding of deployments based on containerization, knowledge of Docker considered a plus
• Experience with JIRA, Jenkins, SVN, maven, git preferred
• Knowledge of relational database systems, Oracle preferred
• TCP/IP networking and related troubleshooting a plus
• Shell scripting: bash, python preferred
• Ability to operate in an agile and dynamic environment preferred