Expiry Date: 17-08-2018
• Manages proper storage of items in Cable Depot Stores in Hamriya and Salalah.
• Responsible for proper inventory management for both E-marine as well as Third Party stock.
• Responsible for proper inventory Management.
• Responsible for proper maintenance of the Cable Depots and liaises with Etisalat Facility Management/concerned departments in Etisalat to keep proper maintenance of the building.
• Manages insurance declaration of Cable Depot.
• Arranges for insurance surveys and follow up claims for material delivered as short or damaged.
• Handles correspondences regarding stock positions, cost, receipts, material transfer, etc.
• Ensures the new consignments received are as per required specifications and required quantity.
• Ensures the safety measures and precautions for stores handling.
• Ensures that all depot documents are entered on daily basis to the on-line stock of inventory system.
• Ensures that fire extinguishers and first aid kits are maintained.
• Coordinates with QA with safety related issues within Depot.
• Identifies stationery and consumables requirements on monthly basis and ensure the same are made available in the Depot.
• Carries out any other task as assigned by superiors.
• Coordinates with CT/M, Testing Supervisor and Jointing Supervisor regarding all test and jointing equipment issues.
• Assists QA and Safety Officer with safety related issues within the Depot
• Boards the Cable ships, lay barges, etc. during cable operations. Perform the necessary cable engineering works including supervision.
Quality & HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) Responsibilities:
• Maintain a current knowledge of all Safety and Quality matters relevant to their position.
• Carry out daily tasks according to defined procedures
• Initiate action to prevent any non-conformance occurring in the Safety and Quality Management system, business processes and project work.
• Identify and record the non-conformance when problems do occur.
• Recommend, initiate or provide solutions through the Quality Management Representative.
• Assist the Quality Management Representative in verifying the implementation of solutions
• Produce records as required by the Safety and Quality Management system
• Contribute to the continual review and improvement of the Safety and quality Management system.
General Functions (Summary of Work):
To supervise the day to day functions of Cable Depot Stores in particular and in-charge of entire Depot.
List main contacts in other departments and outside e-marine with which the job is required communicate.
Level of academic qualifications:
Diploma in Telecom / Electrical / Electronics Engineering or equivalent
Specialized training, specific equipment course, memberships, etc:
• Depot Maintenance and Safety training,
• Fiber Optic Training
7 years experience in Telecom organization in the field of cable transfer operations. Handling of sophisticated equipment s such as repeater, equalizer etc.
Work Experience: 7
Job Status: Opened