, Posted on May 30, 2018
The Deputy Director, (DD) will serve as an in-country manager based at our Egyptian partner university. Under the direction of the Chief of Party and Program Director, the DD will supervise the project staff based at Egyptian partner university and guide project activities at our Egyptian partner university in accordance with the ASU work plan and overall project objectives. The DD will also be interfacing with the USAID, and the Egypt COE stakeholders and partners.
With minimal administrative oversight, essential responsibilities will include and not be limited to the following:
• Supervises the Technical Advisor based at Egyptian partner university and direct her/his work.
• Provides support for project implementation to the university; Technical Advisor;M&E Specialist; Communications Specialist; and Corporate Engagement Specialist.
• Provide leadership support to Egyptian partner university in the areas of strategic planning; operational effectiveness; development and execution of various plans (i.e. Life-of-Project plan, workplan, strategic plan, hiring plan, sustainability plan, etc.); and policy and procedure development.
• Provides guidance and information to ASU s Program Director, Project Manager, Finance Director and other project team members to support planning, reporting, decision making, and risk analysis.
• Resolve problems and issues affecting the project and direct measures to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the project.
• As authorized by the ASU Program Director, directly liaise with USAID, MOHESR, Government of Egypt agencies and other partners, as required, to implement project activities.
• Develop and manage relationships with external partner organizations including academic partners, industry partners, community and others in support of Egyptian partner university s strategic goals.
• Develop stakeholder network and organize stakeholder workshops to review project s progress.
• Organize various academic and governance workshops and seminars to support the project s goals.
• Serves as ASU s representative on various advisory boards, councils and committees as assigned.
• Contribute content to written materials, such as reports, newsletters, and brochures.
• Update activities and tasks in SmartSheet, as required.
• Submit weekly status reports to Egypt COE Project Manager to report activities.
• Provide support to other staff which may include carrying out tasks outside of scope of work,
• when needed, to support project implementation.
Industry Type :
Engineering Design & Consulting
Functional Area :
Corporate Planning / Consulting / Strategy / M&A
Desired Candidate Profile
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Demonstrated skill in developing and communicating a common vision among diverse partners,developing stakeholder networks, and establishing pathways for successful communication and coordination across stakeholder organizations.
• Demonstrated skills in performance monitoring, the planning and implementation of gap assessments for continuous learning and performance improvement, and outreach to further enhance project impact.
• Demonstrated leadership in the administration of international donor technical assistance projects with skills in strategic planning, business development, management, supervision,budgeting, and delivery of presentations.
• Evidence of strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written.
• Project management experience in managing multilateral institutional projects funded by NGOs,industry, or government agencies.
• Knowledge of the USAID, World Bank and/or other international agencies.
• Experience in traveling to and working on international projects, e.g.: Africa, Middle East.
• Experience in prioritizing and handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
• Evidence of superior analytical, communications, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to clarify roles
• Master s degree in International Development Education, Education Leadership and Policy,Public Administration or another relevant area.
• Minimum of seven (7) years or professional experience in the successful implementation of human and institutional capacity development programs.
• Ph.D. degree in International Development Education, Education Leadership and Policy, Public Administration or another relevant area.
Disclaimer: Naukrigulf.com is only a platform to bring jobseekers & employers together. Applicants are advised to research the bonafides of the prospective employer independently. We do NOT endorse any requests for money payments and strictly advice against sharing personal or bank related information.We also recommend you visit Security Advice for more information. If you suspect any fraud or malpractice, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
People also searched for
About this Company
The iHub is a non-for-profit entity that aims at increasing the hands-on experience and boosting innovation within students. The iHub exists at Ain Shams, Cairo, Alexandria and Minia Universities The iHub partners with many industry companies and startups in providing...
See all Careers and Jobs at iHub
View Contact Details
Additional Information Required
Employer has requested some additional information along with your application for this job