Balad Air Base, Iraq
Ability to obtain
The Deputy Director of Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental (QHSE), reporting to the Director of QHSE, will be responsible for providing technical support, leadership and management of the Safety, Environmental, Quality systems and Compliance activities for Sallyport Balad AB.
• Assist in developing, implementing, and maintaining quality, health, and environmental systems program to ensure compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 18788, ANSI/ASIS PSC.1, local and regulatory requirements.
• Drive the business towards ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 accreditation.
• Perform gap analysis to identify and address program gaps that exist between Corporate requirements, PWS requirements, and current legislation and regulatory requirements.
• At times will serve as a quality and safety liaison with Corporate QHSE representatives and ensure consistent practices and deliverables meet quality and safety standards.
• Liaise and advise functional departments, project management, clients and subcontractors on QHSE requirements through interpretation of company QHSE policies, procedures in relation to client requirements and current legislation and regulations.
• Oversee the development, updates and maintenance of USG and corporate safety related reporting.
• Responsible for the development, implementation and overseeing the revision of QHSE policies, SOPs, risk management programs, controls, and measures to ensure compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 18788, ANSI/ASIS PSC.1, local and regulatory requirements.
• Assist with the development and implementation of continuous improvement programs and training. Develop and implement department-specific process improvement initiatives.
• Maintain a contract risk register, reviewing QHSE risks and escalating where appropriate
• Provide guidance to quality, safety and environmental personnel who perform audit, inspection, activities in accordance with the project quality and safety programs.
• As needed, conduct audits and inspections to ensure compliance with Sallyport policies and procedures and implements corrective actions as required.
• Ensure appropriate resources are identified and communicated to leadership to support a compliant business and to identify any systemic weaknesses.
• Support the training and development of all staff to ensure awareness and understanding of QHSE Standards and the relevance to business objectives.
• Serve as a liaison between programs, or various governmental agencies inside or outside the United States. Primarily responsible for much of the interaction at the local level and Corporate level with the USG, and various reports to include the USG RFIs, QA Performance Report, HSE reports, CANs, MFRs, CARs, etc.
• Motivate, coach, and encourage all personnel in QHSE matters.
• Other duties as assigned by management
• Successful completion of a four-year curriculum from an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's degree in Quality, Risk Management, Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health, Safety, Environmental Management or applicable field of study. If non-degreed, a combination of education and directly related experience equal to 10 years in related field.
• Seven (7) years' experience in QA/QC or HSE policies, procedures and plans
• Three to Five (3 - 5) years management experience in a Quality Assurance or HSE field
• A thorough and practical knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations
• Certifications such as ASQ, ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor, 30-HOUR OSHA General Industry or Construction industry, NEBOSH, ISO 14001 Lead Auditor, OHSAS 18001 or ISO 45001 Lead Auditor or Six methodologies an advantage
• Thorough knowledge of applicable standards and regulations (OSHA, ANSI, ISO) is required.
• International experience working with government related programs is required
• Background in Quality Assurance, Safety and regulatory compliance required
• Experience of implementing and maintaining Quality and HSE systems across an Integrated Management system required
• Must be fluent in speaking, reading and writing English.
• Ability to lead complex teams
• Well-developed organizational skills
• Exceptional verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficient IT skills including MS word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel
• Ability to perform at a higher level of responsibility with minimal supervision
• Ability to be exposed to physical (austere) environment which involves sand, odors, noise, and weather extremes, as well as occupational risks
Who We Are
About Caliburn Internat ional, LLC: We are a leading provider of professional services and solutions to U.S. federal government agencies and commercial clients. We provide consulting, engineering, medical, and environmental services as well as large scale program management in support of our core markets of national defense, international diplomacy, and homeland security client readiness. Caliburn employs over 8,000 dedicated professionals deployed across five continents. The co mpany's website is www. caliburnintl.com .
This job d escription is to be used as a guide for accomplishing company and department objectives and is not intended and should not be construed to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
Caliburn is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and other statuses protected by law.