ABOUT THE SCHOOL:
• A leading and accredited IB international school in Dubai, require a qualified Deputy Head Teacher to join an established Senior Leadership Team from August 2020.
• The school is popular with both expat and local families in the area, catering for students from Early Years (PYP) to Year 13 (DP).
• The position is open to senior leaders with at least two years leadership experiences, with preference given to those with IB experience.
• The school is located in the heart of the popular Emirate of Dubai, close to many of the popular tourist landmarks and just a short drive from the international airport.
• The senior leadership team consists of an experienced and dedicated team of qualified school leaders. Teaching staff are predominantly from the UK and there is a strong expat community based in the city, ideal for teachers both new and accustomed to living overseas.
• The school was awarded Good in its last KHDA inspection.
Deputy Head Teacher Responsibilities:
• Teaching and learning (Arabic and Islamic)
• Assessment (External)
• Subject Leaders
• Staff Appraisal
• Curriculum Events
• Professional Development
• National Agenda
• House System
• ASA (After School Activities)
• Location Dubai, UAE
• Position Deputy Head Teacher
• Type of work Leadership Teaching and learning, professional development, management, assessment, parents evenings etc
• Contract or position start date August 2020
• Duration Two year renewable contract
• Contract or position end date July 2022
• Contract type fixed contract
• Full time/part time Full time
• Minimum rate of pay approximately 35,000 55,000 pa depending on experience (remuneration package including housing allowance, gym membership, flight allowance, visa, severance pay etc)
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Have a relevant teaching qualification: i.e. PGCE, B.Ed., BA (Hons) with QTS
• Have a minimum of one year s full time experience in a senior leadership role
• Ideally have experience and knowledgeand understanding of the MOE and KHDA
• Ideally have experience teaching the IB PYP curriculum
• Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
• Be available to start in August 2020
• Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
• Provide two professional child related references