Deputy Principal - US Curriuclum School - Sharjah (UAE), ASAP
Experience required: 8 years leadership
Sponsorship: Single, Married Couples with dependents considered
Salary: 18,000AED - 20,500AED tax free per month
Contract: 2 years
School vision / ethos:
The School aims to empower young people from a wide range of diverse backgrounds to be fully prepared for living happy and fulfilled lives in the context of a rapidly changing world. The School aims to empower young people from a wide range of diverse backgrounds to be fully prepared for living happy and fulfilled lives in the context of a rapidly changing world. The School also endeavour to be open to change, adapt, innovate and keep pace with the ever increasing needs of the society in order to equip our students for the challenges of the 21st Century, is registered with the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) accreditation is under process.In addition to the above, they follow MOE's mandatory subjects like Arabic, Islamic Studies, UAE Studies and Moral Education.
Job and Person Specification:
This position is responsible for supervision of school staff and students, overall administrative and academic management with the objective of enhancing student learning outcomes, through the strategic deployment of resources.
* Supervise the instructional programmes of the school, checking lesson plans, school academic calendar and observing classes on a regular basis to encourage the use of a variety of instructional strategies and materials consistent with research on learning and student development.
* Establish procedures for evaluation and selection of teaching aids and equipment, approving all recommendations.
* Collect data regarding student needs, and other pertinent information and develop consequent teaching and learning plans.
* Evaluate student progress in the instructional programme by maintaining of up-to-date student data.
* Proactively support the Principal in various promotional and branding initiatives to increase student enrolment.
* Assist the Principal in implementation of effective benchmarking and learning techniques inspired from industry's best practices.
* Ensure up-to-date and accurate business intelligence on competitors and operating environment, relay the same to stakeholders in a timely fashion.
* Work in collaboration with the Principal for the designing and consequent implementation of the School Improvement Plan.
* Assist the Principal in the formulation of the annual budgets i.e. Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) in order to achieve school's developmental objectives.
* Establish the annual master schedule for instructional programmes, ensuring sequential learning experiences for students consistent with BSS' philosophy, mission statement and instructional goals.
* Ensure implementation of the Discipline Policy in a fair and consistent manner.
* Support the school Head in establishing procedures that create and maintain attractive, organised, functional, healthy, clean and safe facilities.
* Facilitate the Principal in identification of the professional developmental opportunities of staff and supervise developmental initiatives.
* Lead in the recruitment and selection of teaching and support staff.
* Coordinates with the Principal to ensure provision of orientation to new teaching staff and oversee their Induction programmes.
* A degree in education, educational leadership, management and administration up to Master's level (preferred).
* A minimum of 7-8 years of overall experience in education, of which at least 3 years as a teacher and over 3 years in education leadership role in an American curriculum school
* Demonstrated leadership qualities balanced with strong interpersonal skills
* Openness, initiative , integrity and sound professional judgment
* Team management
* Conflict management
* Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
* Strong decision-making skills
*Tax free salary - 18,000 - 20,000AED tax free per month
*Medical insurance coverage
*Annual air fares
This is a leadership vacancy managed by Leadanywhere. For further details, please contact Lotte Baker at Lotte.Baker@teachanywhere.com