Provides specialized clinical services to JHAH patients for the diagnosis and management of skin.
The Dermatologist is a staff member of the Specialty Medicine Department, provides clinical care and consultative services to inpatient and outpatients with skin disorders. Will be expected to fulfill duties for which he or she is qualified to meet organizational needs. Reports to the Chief of the Division of Specialty Medicine.
Has daily contact with patients, family members, staff, nurses, allied health professionals, administrators and physicians.
• Provides person-centered care and consultations to inpatients and outpatients in the area of expertise
• Provides diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in accordance with the highest standards of care and within the delineation of privileges as recommended by the Chief of the Division, and approved by the JHAH Credentialing and Privileging Committee.
• Completes all medical documentation and reports in a timely and professional manner.
• Develops collegial relationships and works collaboratively other physicians, nurses, allied health providers, and administrators across departments and districts at JHAH. Actively participates as a member of multi-disciplinary teams and is a team player.
• Shares in the on call responsibilities according to operational need. Responds to emergency requests for assistance from the emergency rooms at all JHAH facilities.
• Actively participates in the monthly Unit, Division, Department and Hospital staff, clinical, education and research meetings.
• Contributes to the educational activities of the Division, by attending Grand Rounds, Journal Clubs and fosters the education or professional development of trainees or other health care professionals.
• Participates in interdisciplinary, interdepartmental and performance and quality improvement activities including committee service within JHAH.
• Promptly responds to all JHAH queries regarding medical documentation, coding, patient concerns, or risk management.
• Participates in the development and implementation of administrative policies, medical practice procedures, clinical guidelines, and standard operating procedures
At least three to five years experience in Dermatology post Board.
Certifications/Other requirements as applicable
• Excellent command of oral and written English.
• Ability to adjust to group practice in the medical environment.