1. Design and detail purchased items, machining, weld and assembly prints using SolidWorks software for performance, reliability, manufacturability, cost effectiveness and safety.
2. Support, supervise and assist Engineering Technicians with all aspects of building and testing prototypes.
3. Analyze production issues and create solutions.
4. Calculate unknown loading and directions where required from data and assumptions.
5. Develop bill of materials (BOM).
6. Test design changes made by technicians.
4-year college degree with a major in Mechanical, Industrial, Agriculture or Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 2 years related experience.
Or other college degree (2-year or 4-year) with a minimum of 2 years related experience.
Must be proficient in material strength calculation skills, proficiency in operating SolidWorks software and in operating Microsoft Office products including, but not limited to, Excel and Access.
Ability to identify the root cause of defective parts of product design solutions, including manufactured and purchased component sizing.
Knowledge in the hydraulics, electronics, engine systems, statistics, strength of materials, durability and serviceability of products.