1. Bachelor s Degree in Civil engineering from an accredited University with Professional Qualifications from a recognized International Institution and with a professional career development records
2. Chartered or Professional Engineer from an accredited institution is required with additional Membership of an accredited, recognized Project Management Institution is highly desirable.
3. Demonstrable successful experience in a technical lead capacity in utilities design & construction of similar large scale, drainage, sewerage, surface & ground water, road networks projects within a congested city.
4. Ability to coordinate, corporate and communicate with internal and external Statutory Bodies, department, government agencies, stakeholders in respect of acquiring
necessary consents and approval on design and construction.
1. Minimum 15 years demonstrable experience, of which 7 years as a
Manager/Technical lead in a design management capacity of similar works;
2. Must have hand on experience in managing, reviewing and approving of design documents and construction experience on site supervising large multi-engineering
disciplinary project and requirements encompassing drainage, sewerage, surface & ground water, road networks design and construction.
3. Experience includes but not limited to design of trunk sewers, micro tunneling sewers, and at least 2 years of current experience in similar projects in Middle East etc.
4. It is an essential requirement to have previous experience in managing similar open cut and micro tunneling surface & ground water networks under Design & Build projects undertaken within a developed city.
5. Must be able to Manage and review multi engineering disciplines project inputs critically access the application of design criteria, check plans and specifications for accuracy of design and completeness for smooth construction on site with minimum disruption.
6. Review the design according to the local codes/standards (including but not limited to QHDM, QTM, WZTMG, QCS etc) and international codes where the local documents are not applicable.
7. Aware about the QDRS system and the related uploading documents to facilitate the required approvals.
8. Coordination with relevant agencies and stakeholders to expedite their feedback andobtain approvals.
9. Check the overall Traffic management plan to support the project schedule
considering the utilities diversion and construction sequence without abortive work.
10. Make sure the proposed TTM will help the main objective of the project with less
interruption to the local traffic and obtain MOI acceptance prior implementation for every stage.
11. Link the design deliverables with construction sequence and prioritize the activities to
meet the project dead line without abortive work.
12. Ability to Assess the concept design works and develop practical solutions for critical design obstacles within a short time duration.
13. Work with planning and procurement teams of the project to make sure the project will be completed as committed.
14. Work with technical & Construction teams to avoid clashes and find acceptable technical solutions for unforeseen constraints.
15. Understand the principle of drainage items and related details including surface but not limited water drainage, foul sewer and surface & ground water networks.
16. Has the technical experience to assess the changes during construction without impacting the original design.
17. Get involved with the planning team in sequencing the activities and the project deliverables based on experience from previous projects to assess the project team in finalizing the project plan until completion.
18. Review shop drawings and as built drawings according to the approved design.
19. Aware about the end user requirements related to material approval requests, handing
over process, maintenance and operation.