All interested candidates can apply throughout the below link:
Build strong relationship and development understanding in the community
Local community trusts World Vision and is willing to collaborate and share resources to work for the benefit of the most vulnerable children
Build positive and constructive relationships with community members and partners in order to understand their realities and facilitate development processes effectively.
Strengthen the understanding of community development and ownership and of social sustainability among the stakeholders in the area.
Increase the understanding of and sensitivity to child development and child vulnerability factors among community members and partners
Communicate effectively World Vision s identity, mission, vision, values and its approach in order to work in ways that are contextually appropriate and clear.
Undertake social networks analysis in order to understand the functions various stakeholders fulfill, power dynamics, and to identify potential local partners and assess their capacity building needs.
Act as a Catalyst, broker and facilitator in working with partners
Relationship is built with a wide range of local partners who are willing to work for the well-being of children
Enable and facilitate networking and connections among local stakeholder groups and between local partners
Actively search for new partners within and outside the community, identify how these partners can work together towards shared priorities for child well-being and initiate, develop and manage partnership arrangements with them.
Work with partners to coordinate volunteers efforts to enable integration and synergy and prevent duplication and burn-out.
Assist in Program planning and implementation
Projects goals and activities are implemented effectively according to the community needs
Actively support program team leader in project planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting processes relevant to assigned area
Work with social groups to support, monitor and evaluate ongoing activities according to approved stated objectives, plan of action, M&E tools, budget and record progress
Actively participate in sharing feedback, reflection and learning with proper documentation for the results.
Collect accurate and timely data for project design, monitoring, implementation and evaluation
Ensure Sponsorship Requirements are met
Local community understands and welcomes the sponsorship concept
Ensure community understanding of sponsorship and respond to questions and concerns promptly and sensitively
Ensure partners, including their volunteers and children, are involved in managing the ongoing registration of children.
Conduct community sensitization to ensure that parents understand sponsorship before each child is registered through appropriate activities.
Plan and implement as per sponsorship guidelines activities that promote children s participation using child-friendly methods and tools.
Work closely with a sponsorship officer to apply Child Monitoring Standards and processes in program activities in ways that promote their outcomes.
Equip partners, volunteers and community groups to monitor children through visits and project activities.
Prepare and gather sponsorship 2.0 requirements such as child video greetings, community photos albums and others as requested.
Follow up on children with child well-being and report any issue that require case management with proper follow up.
Ensure the presence and participation of children in all sector activities and provide accurate means of verification.
Ensure accurate data entry on the agreed worksheets and report in a timely manner.
Conduct regular visits to children to process incoming and outgoing correspondence such as thank you letter, Introductory letter Gift notification, Annual progress report, child expression worksheet, Christmas card and farewell letter
Report on child protection incident to the related assigned staff member
Take the lead in distributing any community support items or gift in kinds while gathering necessary means of verification.
Perform other duties as required
Attend trainings locally and internationally.
Attend and participate in WVL s spiritual nurture and other organizational events.
Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture.
Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Line Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• University degree in a field related to community development work (preferably with experience in a field such as sociology, social work, child protection, education, etc.).
• At least three years of experience in the social field, working with children and communities, including at least one year of development facilitation in and with communities.
• Strong understanding of community-led development work
• Creative and able to apply innovative thinking, partnership building and problem solving skills.
• Basic understanding of design, monitoring, and evaluation
• Strong critical and analytical thinking skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability and commitment to listen to others
• Effective in written and oral communication; able to speak and write with a proper standard of English.
• Computer literate in Microsoft Office package.
• A member of the community or acquainted with the community context.
• Flexible and adaptable personality.
• Knowledge of child rights, child well being and partnering principles
• Development facilitation skills, including catalyzing, connecting, and building the capacity of community groups
• Good negotiation skills.
• Experienced in building and maintaining relationships and networks with individuals, communities and development partners.
• Experience with program assessment, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation processes.
• 80% field work with the local community and 20% Office based
• Position requires willingness and ability to continue to function during a crisis situation, including during a World Vision response to a manmade or natural disaster.