To fulfill its mission, QBRI is recruiting independent, full-time Scientists (equivalent to Assistant Professor), Senior Scientists (equivalent to Associate Professor) and Principal Investigators (equivalent to Full Professor) for the Diabetes Research Center, to lead and support basic, clinical and translational research on dissecting the molecular mechanisms and signaling pathways leading to T2D and insulin resistance. Individuals with expertise in drug/biomarkers discovery, functional genomics, computational and systems biology, development of cellular and animal disease models, and stem cell technology are encouraged to apply.
These positions offer outstanding scientific resources and generous funding opportunities amid existing expertise in genomics and classical genetics, access to state-of-the-art core laboratories and to a homogeneous and genetically unique population. In addition, there will be the opportunity to take a joint academic appointment at the College of Science and Engineering or College of Health and Life Sciences at HBKU. The positions offer ample opportunities for interaction and collaboration with national, regional and international universities, research institutes, clinical entities and organizations.
• Set research program agenda
• Build and manage research group
• Recruit research associates
• Tangible output of high-impact publications, conference presentations, scientific interactions and collaborations, and patents
• MD and/or PhD degree
• Considerable research experience plus a thorough knowledge of the field
• Solid record of productive scholarship, mentoring students, post-doctoral fellows and junior researchers
• Excellent and effective communication and organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team/ matrix environment
Completed applications will be reviewed and interviews will be arranged on a rolling basis until the positions are filled.
Hamad Bin Khalifa University is an equal opportunity educator and employer. We are committed to maintaining culturally and academically diverse staff of the highest caliber.