Digital Infrastructure Engineer- Riyadh
BuroHappold Engineering is currently recruiting an engineering consultant to join our Digital Infrastructure team for a very exciting role to provide technical input into major engineering projects in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
BuroHappold Cities brings together the expertise of world class engineers, economists and consultants to examine cities from a variety of angles, giving our clients a unique picture of the challenges to tackle and the assets and opportunities their city can capitalise on. Working on a diverse range of fascinating projects that cover urban development, infrastructure planning and design, resource management, and programme delivery, our Cities business unit is at the forefront of innovation in the urban environment.
This is a Riyadh based role, and as a Digital Infrastructure Engineer you will be responsible for the digital connectivity for a wide range of developments, predominantly working on giga-projects within the region.
The Digital Infrastructure team focuses on the specification, design and delivery of fixed telecommunications fibre, cellular infrastructure, Metropolitan Area Networks, public realm Wi-Fi networks, Internet of Things (IoT) networks, datacentres and control rooms.
This role is ideally suited to an engineer passionate about connectivity and looking to challenge themselves from an engineering perspective. This offer is open to graduate engineers or engineers working for a major consultancy with 2-3 years of experience delivering design consultancy in ICT, telecommunications or cellular engineering.
As an experienced Digital Infrastructure Engineer, you will:
• Provide telecommunication outside plant technical & design engineering service to BuroHappold's Cities team on projects
• Plan and deliver telecommunication network infrastructure requirements to meet the internal / external client needs within the agreed scope and quality
• Deliver cost effective planning of telecommunication outside plant in the public realm for city and campus development scheme's
• Produce and quality assure works instructions to include proposals, tender documentation, associated drawings, bill of materials and estimated costing where appropriate
• To support the Associate with the full lifecycle Masterplanning process (concept through to detailed design) for telecommunications networks and outside plant deployed in shared open space and the public realm
• Assist the Associate in the development of BuroHappold's international portfolio of projects which may entail travelling abroad (including the Middle and Far east) in order to support our clients and their project teams
• Take responsibility (with support from the Associate) for planning a full range of telecommunication infrastructure and plant which is likely to entail the following;
• Liaison with fixed and cellular mobile telecommunication companies, regulatory authorities, statutory undertakers etc
• Planning telecommunication routes, pathways, and associated spaces
• Design and specification of the underground environment to include duct ways and interconnecting hand holes, manholes, access chambers etc
• Consider the geo spatial impact upon development schemes of above ground telecommunication spaces including aggregation / distribution points, pedestals, points of presence, central offices etc
• Consider the impact of telecommunication plant upon space within the building envelope e.g. building entry points, intake rooms, building entrance facilities etc.
• Applicants should be familiar with planning solutions deployed in the public right of way as well as on privately owned land whilst preventing conflict with existing utilities and facilities;
• Planning solutions that comply with appropriate UK and international best practice, codes and standards.
• Experience in a relevant telecommunications / ICT design engineering role
• Proven track record in a commercially focussed business environment including expertise in project delivery and /or cost management
• Ability to operate as a discipline lead working within a technically astute team.
You will also have relevant experience in one or more of the following information communication technologies & disciplines, including:
• Cellular mobile networks
• Wireless networks;
• Metropolitan area networking;
• Campus area networking;
• IoT Networks;
• Network Security;
• Supervisory and data acquisition networks;
• Fibre optic transmission systems to component level;
• Cable and connecting hardware including splices and connectors;
• Optical link loss and budget analysis;
• Test plans & commissioning;
• Grounding and bonding;
• System documentation;
• IP Switching and Routing;
• Bachelors degree is essential, either in Computer Science or a related engineering discipline
• Further telecommunications qualifications desirable
BuroHappold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals that reflects the countries in which we operate. In order to truly benefit from this diversity we must create an environment in which employees feel they can be themselves. BuroHappold actively promotes inclusivity across the practice to enable every individual to reach their full potential, feeling included is good for all of us. This begins with a fair and inclusive recruitment process which focuses on your skills, competencies and experiences in relation to the role. We understand that through collaboration, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.