, Posted on April 18, 2018
The Digital Repository Lead provides strategic and operational leadership for the University Library s expanding portfolio of preservation services, including major initiatives such as KAUST s institutional repository, open access policies, records management policies and procedures, research data management services, and KAUST s digital collections program. The Curation and Preservation Lead supervises a diverse group of information professionals, and also works closely with a wide range of positions in other units within the Library, to ensure that the Library s preservation and curation goals are adequately resourced and managed. This position requires excellent communication skills; an aptitude and interest in exploring a constantly shifting landscape of preservation techniques and technologies; and the ability to manage teams, lead projects, and partner with students, staff, faculty, and corporate partners. Major Responsibilities
• Work closely with the Systems and Digital Services (SDS) unit manager to identify strategic areas for growth, change and adjustment in the SDS organization and in the Library s preservation and curation services.
• Coordinate and lead strategic planning conversations with the SDS manager and with the Library s management team on the Library s preservation and curation services, providing technical insight and expert opinion on the Library s options and direction.
• Provide leadership, management and coordination for library teams working on existing and proposed curation services, such as the institutional repository, digital collections, records management, and research data management services and platforms.
• Coordinate activities between vendors and library management to keep preservation-related library contracts current, competitive and relevant; this includes working with service hosting providers to negotiate contract terms and technology and service enhancements.
• Work closely with members of the KAUST research community and KAUST administration to promote existing preservation and curation services, and to identify new opportunities for growth and innovation.
• Work closely with the University Archivist to develop a comprehensive preservation strategy and roadmap for the University.
• Provide domain expertise to Library units for developing preservation- and curation-related policies and procedures.
• Represent the Library s interests in University meetings and events, as required by the Library s management team.
• Attend relevant regional and international conferences, representing the Library through networking and topical presentations.
• Organize and coordinate regional events promoting KAUST s preservation and curation services; these events can include the annual Open Access Week event, repository workshops in the region, and mini-conferences in the Gulf region focusing on collaborative opportunities for libraries and scholarly communication.
• Research new developments and make recommendations for best practices relating to digital preservation, records management, academic libraries, and preservation and curation information platforms.
• Other duties as assigned
Organization Academic Affairs Division Libraries
Industry Type :
Education / Training / Teaching / Academics
Functional Area :
Desired Candidate Profile
• Demonstrated expertise with at least one major institutional repository application platform (e.g. DSpace, Fedora, EPrints, etc.).
• Demonstrated proficiency and understanding of preservation principles, including archives and records management standards, preservation fundamentals, and digital preservation standards and best practices.
• Demonstrated proficiency and familiarity with current issues and themes in scholarly communications, intellectual property laws (including copyright and patent domains), and academic research evaluation practices and trends.
• Experience with managing highly scalable infrastructure solutions, such as the Fedora repository system and other data management platforms.
• Interest and exposure to evolving technologies in academic libraries, such as linked data and next-generation research data management and discovery tools.
• Familiarity with library- and research-oriented metadata standards and protocols, such as Dublin Core, Darwin Core, CSDGM, ABCD Schema, OAI-PMH, SWORD, etc.
• Knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in library information services and the broader information technology field.
Non-Technical Skills or Attributes Required
• Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, to set and meet deadlines, and to adapt to new and changing situations, priorities and technologies.
• Demonstrated customer service skills and experience interacting with a diverse academic population including faculty, researchers, graduate students, staff and vendors.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team to produce results, solve problems, initiate ideas and projects.
• Ability to write clear, concise, courteous e-mails in English.
• Excellent communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
• Broad understanding of academic research library operational functions, including but not restricted to technical services (acquisitions, metadata management, and print/digital resource management), access and delivery services, public computing management, and outreach/event management functions.
• Academic or research library experience
Disclaimer: Naukrigulf.com is only a platform to bring jobseekers & employers together. Applicants are advised to research the bonafides of the prospective employer independently. We do NOT endorse any requests for money payments and strictly advice against sharing personal or bank related information.We also recommend you visit Security Advice for more information. If you suspect any fraud or malpractice, email us at email@example.com
People also searched for
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
Founded in 2014, American Academy is one of the leading educational support service providers in Dammam, Saudi Arabia. The institute has certified native English teachers, and specialized ESL courses, and specializes in –
• Corporate English training
• Curriculum devel
• Exam preparation
• Military DLI English
• Technical vocational training
American Academy strives to offer quality education to the students in the most professional manner, while nurturing their potential. It is committed to supporting Kingdom's Saudi 2030 Vision program with its cutting-edge techniques and technologically-driven curricula. The institute invites applications from dedicated teaching professionals who can impart quality education and contribute to shaping up the future of the students.
View Contact Details
Additional Information Required
Employer has requested some additional information along with your application for this job
Q1: Please select your Highest Qualification
Q2: Please select the Duration of Highest Qualification