Raytheon Company is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, civil government and cybersecurity markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning over 90 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as cybersecurity and a broad range of mission support services.
Raytheon Emirates, headquartered in Abu Dhabi, was incorporated in 2017 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Raytheon Company. Incorporated in the UAE, located in the UAE, and ultimately to be led by UAE Nationals, Raytheon Emirates is initially focusing on four (4) business areas: Cybersecurity, Effectors, Air & Missile Defense, and Advanced Technology.
Summary of Role:
The successful candidate for this role will serve as the Business Development Director for Raytheon Emirates Air and Missiles Defense business area. Reporting directly to the Business Development Executive of Raytheon Emirates, and matrixed to the P&L lead for Raytheon Emirates Air & Missile Defense Business Area, the successful candidate will also become a part of the Raytheon Emirates Business Development Team.
The Business Development Director for Air & Missile Defense (AMD) will be responsible for managing Raytheon Emirates interface with senior members of the UAE Armed Forces as well as its requirements and acquisition agencies as it pertains to UAE AMD and Sustainment initiatives / opportunities. The BD Lead will also be responsible for shaping, identifying, validating and communication new business opportunities through their acquisition life cycle.
As part of the role, the BD Lead will support and coordinate with Raytheon business development teams and capture mangers across the enterprise with focused engagement with Integrated Defense Systems (IDS). The BD Lead will proactively advocate and position Raytheon solutions, capabilities, products services and support with relevant members of the Armed Forces and their requirements and acquisition staffs. Another key responsibility will be to identify and develop relationships with UAE industry partners with a goal of maximizing customer satisfaction. It is expected that the BD Lead will be able to operate at both senior and working levels of the United Arab Emirates Government and Industry.
The successful candidate will need excellent leadership and influencing skills with a strong business development background, demonstrating flawless delivery of business development solutions to customers.
• Raytheon s key interface with senior members of the UAE Armed Forces as well as its requirements and acquisition agencies as it pertains to the UAE AMD and Sustainment initiatives.
• Shaping, identifying, validating and communicating new business opportunities through their acquisition life cycle. Proactively position, advocate and manage all business development activities for Raytheon s AMD and Sustainment.
• Provide local business development leadership while collaborating with Raytheon business unit BD and capture teams as necessary to close on bookings aligned to the 5 year plan.
• Identify and develop relationships across UAE industry partners win collaboration with business units, GTC and GTO.
• Lead and collaborate with business development and capture teams in strategy development for specific pursuits as they align to AMD and Sustainment. Lead local efforts for competitive intelligence, price to win and other market information relevant to captures and/or pursuits.
• Actively collaborate on and participate with Raytheon businesses in gate reviews, color teams, Strategic Planning, and other business development activities.
• Support the Business Development Executive in development of Mid-term & Long-term bookings forecast for Raytheon Emirates.
• Support corporate communication and public relation strategies and actions with external audiences.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
• Minimum 12 years of military/industry related positions
• BS/BA in a technical, business or other relevant field
• Experience in acquisition and operations of AMD and Sustainment
• Familiarity with U.S. Government (USG) foreign and security policies, including the USG export requirements (ITAR, etc.), procedures (FMS, etc.), and FCPA
• Understanding of UAE / Regional international relationships needed to execute business development successfully and the factors that drive business and customer relations
• Proven strategy development, implementation and pipeline growth into new and existing markets
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multi-functional team
Desired Education, Skills, and Experience:
• Master Degree preferably in a technical field; business administration, marketing, or government/international affairs
• Certified Capture Manager or similar experience
• Multi-functional enterprise related experience
• At least 5 years of industry experience in the area of government relations or business development
• Experience with and an understanding of UAE / Middle East business practices
• Moderate business travel is required
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.