Join the team of the first LEGOLAND Park in the Middle East and help us create amazing experiences for families from around the world. At LEGOLAND Dubai we rely everyday on our Model Citizens (employees) in meeting our ultimate goal of bringing the LEGO values of creativity, imagination, learning, quality and fun to life and deliver truly memorable experiences to our guests.
With over 40 interactive rides, live shows and attractions you will be able to find a diverse range of career opportunities in one of the most unique and stimulating work environments you could imagine.
Come and work where work is PLAY. At LEGOLAND we make every child a HERO!
Play Your Part
Scope of Job:
• To design, deploy, manage and monitor a suitable and sufficient Health, Safety & Security (HSS) programme across LEGOLAND Dubai.
• To provide proactive, visible and progressive functional leadership of the HSS agenda/programme to LEGOLAND Dubai
• To embed HSS as a core value in LEGOLAND Dubai to deliver robust HSS standards, performance and a sustainable safety culture.
• To ensure effective governance and assurance of HSS in LEGOLAND Dubai, particularly with regards to engineering activities and ride operations.
• As a member of LEGOLAND Dubai s leadership team, actively participate in and contribute towards all areas of the business.
• Ensure that HSS standards at LEGOLAND Dubai meet or exceed the standards expected by Dubai Parks & Resorts, Merlin Entertainments Group and LEGOLAND Resorts.
• To formulate, develop and monitor the implementation of HSS policies, systems, procedures and standards for existing activities and any new operations within LEGOLAND Dubai in order to ensure effective safety management.
• Actively focuses on the safety standards and operational procedures required to ensure robust risk control in the Technical Services Department and Ride Operations.
• To ensure that effective HSS planning for LEGOLAND Dubai is undertaken and includes realistic short and long term objectives based on a cost benefit analysis approach to determine priorities and establish performance standards.
• To proactively identify, design and successfully deploy HSS related initiatives and programmes within LEGOLAND Dubai that will deliver leading edge HSS standards, performance and culture.
• To robustly audit and uphold exacting standards in HSS. Ensure a blended audit and inspection programme is developed and deployed.
• To establish and maintain procedures for the reporting, investigation, recording and analysis of injury accidents, dangerous occurrences, near miss incidents and work related ill health.
• To provide detailed and balanced HSS performance analysis and reports for LEGOLAND Dubai, in a timely manner.
• Drives the HSS strategy for LEGOLAND Dubai and sets the agenda/framework for continuous improvement.
• Provides strategic direction, guidance, coaching and development to LEGOLAND Dubai senior management to enable the Resort to own and drive their HSS programmes / improvements.
• Evaluates HSS risks for all LEGOLAND Dubai activities and operations and develop controls to manage and reduce these risks. Robustly audits compliance against such standards.
• Develops strategies and ideas alongside LEGOLAND Dubai s leadership team to reduce accident levels and improve safety performance.
• Develops and maintains an effective HSS risk assessment strategy and via an auditing programme ensures that all risks are sufficiently identified and controlled.
• Responsible for the development and drafting of new HSS standards, processes and procedures for LEGOLAND Dubai.
• Responsible for undertaking cost/benefit and gap analyses as an integral element to the development and approval of new HSS standards and procedures.
• Undertakes impact assessments for any new HSS legislation and industry Codes of Practice / Standards where they could impact LEGOLAND Dubai.
• Helps ensure alignment to relevant Health and Safety regulations, Internal Dubai Parks and Resorts, Merlin, LEGOLAND, EN, ISO, ASTM and other relevant management standards.
• Ensures the effective management of ride, fire and food risks (and other core risks) at LEGOLAND Dubai in conjunction with other members of the leadership team.
• Drives the focus on safety culture in LEGOLAND Dubai through the Protecting the Magic campaign and initiatives which reinforce the Group s HSS vision, strategy and culture.
• Provides relevant and meaningful Management Information on achievements of HSS objectives in LEGOLAND Dubai against agreed KPI s to monitor progress against targeted improvements.
• Presenting and reporting upon HSS performance, issues and concepts at LEGOLAND Dubai s senior leaderships meetings.
• Proactively support the development and execution of Group-wide HSS programmes and standards, as required, particularly as they relate to LEGOLAND Parks.
Creativity & Communication:
• To liaise with Heads of Department to identify safety training needs and ensure that safety training programmes undertaken reflect the needs of the business and the delegates involved.
• Liaise with appropriate enforcement bodies and ensure that the requisite HSS standards are followed in respect of new projects/attractions both in terms of design/operation and project management.
• On behalf of LEGOLAND Dubai, liaise with appropriate enforcement bodies in their follow-up to any incidents or issues as they relate to incidents, near-misses, compliance or complaints.
• Responsible for the development of new HSS training programmes for LEGOLAND Dubai.
• Delivers appropriate HSS training, with specific focus on Train the Trainer arrangements.
• Identifies and liaises with 3rd party training establishments and/or training accreditation bodies.
• Ensuring that as a client, safety is properly considered at all stages during the delivery of new projects/attractions (eg. conception/design/ construction/ handover/operation/project management).
Desired Candidate Profile
• Oversees the setting of HSS competency / training requirements for LEGOLAND Dubai.
• Produces management information in relation to HSS training courses required, training courses completed and delta sizes.
Decision Making & Autonomy:
• Develop and implement cost effective HSS management/accident prevention strategies to control direct and indirect costs arising from work related accidents and ill health involving guests, employees and contractors.
• Interpret and apply HSS law pragmatically in the context of the LEGOLAND Dubai organisation and relevant industry standards.
• Develop and maintain specific HSS management plans/programmes for significant risk topics to ensure, as far as is possible, compliance with all relevant legislative requirements and industry best practice.
Applied Knowledge & Specialist Skills:
• To establish organisational systems and risk control methods relating to hardware and human performance by advising LEGOLAND Dubai line management on matters such as legal and technical standards.
• Acts as the local reference point for the utilisation and functionality of chosen HSS IT systems and applications (inc. tablet utilisation).
• Ensure the development of HSS programmes within any budgetary constraints specified. Provide business case(s) to overcome budgetary constraints where safety critical issues need to be resolved.
• Ensure HSS colleagues/representatives are appointed (where required), appropriately trained, co-ordinated and line managed. Arrange and chair relevant HSS committee meetings and attend employee forums where necessary.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
• Experience at developing and driving HSS strategy at a senior level in the business
• Thorough working knowledge of relevant occupational HSS standards and regulations.
• Safety management experience working in theme parks, hospitality (hotel and/or food services), retail, or industrial settings.
• Thorough knowledge of record keeping requirements for injury reporting.
• Experience with HSS management systems and auditing.
• Experience in delivering HSS training
• Proven written and oral communication skills with the ability to articulate HSS processes to a range of people so as to influence others.
• Able to handle multiple projects and quick to adapt and take on new initiatives.
• The Health Safety & Security Director is expected to develop and nurture positive relationships with all other Resort Departments. Strong positive working relationships with all Departments are vital to the overall success of this position.
• Able to critically challenge self and others to drive forward continuous improvement
• 5 + years of safety management experience
• Degree level in safety or equivalent eg. NEBOSH Diploma
• Membership to recognised professional safety body eg. CMIOSH, CSP etc
• Formal leadership training / qualification desirable
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.