Job Title: Director, Air & Missile Defense Programs
Business: Raytheon Emirates (Cost Center: 50494)
Location: Abu Dhabi (UAE)
Raytheon Company is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, civil government and cybersecurity markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 96 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as cybersecurity and a broad range of mission support services.
Raytheon Emirates, headquartered in Abu Dhabi, was incorporated in 2017 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Raytheon Company. Incorporated in the UAE, located in the UAE, and ultimately to be led by UAE Nationals, Raytheon Emirates is initially focusing on four (4) business areas: Cybersecurity, Effectors, Air & Missile Defense, and Advanced Technology.
Summary of Role:
The Director of Air & Missile Defense (A&MD) programs will be responsible for developing, growing, and managing the A&MD portfolio of Raytheon Emirates, partnering with US based A&MD program teams to manage the overall profit & loss for the Raytheon Emirates Air & Missile Defense (A&MD) business area.This role reports directly to the Chief Executive of Raytheon Emirates and is matrixed to Product Area Director(s) across IDS (IAMD, MSS, & SCS) who have A&MD programs in the UAE. The successful candidate will also become a part of the Raytheon Emirates Leadership Team.
• Develop and maintain close working relationships with key members of the UAE Military to ensure customer satisfaction and promote Raytheon s future international growth initiatives in the UAE.
• Identify and support capture of new A&MD business opportunities in accordance with enterprise objectives.
• Enable successful execution of ongoing A&MD programs. This includes providing leadership guidance of employees assigned to support those programs, e.g., HAWK, Patriot, etc.
• Work closely with the CONUS based Raytheon and SAMD program offices to ensure contract requirements are met and issues are resolved.
• Coordinate with the US Embassy, USLO, AMCOM-SAMD personnel as required to ensure proper contract execution and UAE Programs success.
• On a day-to-day basis, provide customer related guidance and leadership to the in-country operations manager for a deployed team of 50 field technicians, logisticians and support staff to ensure a flawless execution of the in country technical assistance programs including HAWK, Patriot, Central Maintenance Facility etc.
The A&MD Director must be able to lead a multi-functional team to ensure successful execution of A&MD programs, meet business obligations and capture new business opportunities in country. The A&MD Director shares accountability for meeting all capture and program milestones and must deliver bookings and sales as agreed upon in the AOP / 5 Year Plan.
This position is key member of both the Raytheon Emirates and IDS IAMD UAE leadership teams and includes establishing and maintaining close cooperation across multiple RTN businesses to identify and facilitate the pursuit of future opportunities.
Paramount to the success of this role is the ability to bring rigorous IPDS, RTN and industry best practices including a rigorous, never miss approach to safety and EX/IM, to an experienced yet dispersed and remote team. As such, the successful candidate will have broad experience across programs and teams of similar complexity, and bring strong hands-on leadership to this position.
Candidate must have the highest degree of ethics, RTN V&B and people management skills to include management of technicians with deployed families. This position will have the bandwidth to support other ad hoc and planned in country PMO initiatives such as offsets programs and capture; new business capture and execution; proposal development; and problem solving across a broad range of deployed PMO issues.
Basic Qualifications :
Strong leadership skills and personnel management expertise in working with both administrative and technical personnel in an international environment.
Experience in working well with other nationalities to achieve common goals
14 years industry experience
5 years of Program Management experience with Profit/Loss responsibility
RTN PM and/or capture excellence certification and 5 years of PM or equivalent leadership experience
Business experience in managing contracts, proposals, and business reviews in both a company and US Government FMS environment
Desired Qualifications :
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance
Prior assignments overseas, preferably in the Middle East or GCC, and knowledge of the Islamic culture and society
Detailed knowledge of FMS & DCS policies and procedures governing international Government-to-Government contracts
10 years of Ground Based Air Defense experience, to include experience in operations, logistics, and maintenance support or equivalence
Industry Type :
Defence / Military / Government
Functional Area :
HR / Human Relations / Industrial Relations