Ref No: UA0098
Job Title: Director Internal Audit
The Director Internal Audit is responsible for providing leadership in the strategic planning and daily operations of Internal Audit of the company s system. He/she plans and direct activities concerned with the compliance of company s to internal and external policies, procedures and regulations as well as those related to the efficiency, effectiveness and cost of operations. He/she is also responsible for advising company s Executive Leadership on internal audit operations and ensuring that relevant programmes are successfully implemented throughout the system. The Director Internal Audit is also responsible for developing good working relationships with key external stakeholders and he/she is the primary communication point for external auditors (including the State Audit Institution).
• Contribute to the formulation of company s system-wide strategy.
• Lead the development and implementation of Internal Audit s strategy in alignment with company s system-wide strategy through departmental initiatives and projects.
• Develop and monitor implementation of Internal Audit policies, procedures and processes.
• Monitor performance of Internal Audit against KPIs and department/campus objectives on a regular basis. Recommend improvements and efficiencies in line with company s institutional priorities.
• Develop and monitor the annual budget of Internal Audit in collaboration with Finance.
• Establish audit controls and procedures to monitor operational effectiveness and compliance to internal and external policies and regulations.
• Set and direct the periodic revision of Internal Audit sections such as Compliance Audit and Operational Audit while coordinating properly with key stakeholders across the institution.
• Lead internal audit activities including compliance auditing and operational auditing activities.
• Monitor company functions and campuses to ensure that current audit programmes and policies are effectively implemented and that audit activities encompass all key core and non-core functions of company s.
• Oversee the review and revision of all Internal Audit policies based on leading practices, complaints, management requests, etc. in order to ensure that the department is continually providing leading practices, while ensuring compliance with Internal Audit laws and regulations.
• Produce regular and ad hoc reports and analysis on Internal Audit activities and programmes and communicate them to company s senior leadership as well as the Governing Council.
• Provide effective leadership, advice, and counsel to the Board of Trustees and Executive Leadership on Internal Audit (including institutional compliance and operational effectiveness and efficiency).
• Liaise with all Executive Leadership to identify company s needs, to anticipate issues, and to create forecasts and planning options for the company s Internal Audit programmes.
Direct efforts to communicate compliance initiatives, including written materials and training programmes designed specifically to promote awareness and understanding of compliance issues, applicable laws and regulations, reporting requirements and consequences of non-compliance.
• Review complaints, concerns, or questions relative to compliance issues in institutions functions and provide leadership and support to all institution functions as appropriate.
Act as the primary liaison with the external auditors including the State Audit Institution.
• Attend major Internal Audit events at the local, national, regional and international levels in order to learn about latest technologies, trends and practices in the field of Internal Audit and capitalise on the best way to apply them to company s in line with the institution s priorities.
• Minimum of a Master s degree in a relevant field is required e.g. Finance, Economics, Business, Accounting.
• Minimum of one internationally recognised Internal Audit certification e.g. Certified Internal Audit certification (CIA).
• Full English proficiency is required.
• Advanced computer literacy is required e.g. MS Office.
• Minimum of 12 years of work experience in Audit with at least eight years of experience in a managerial role.