Senior Director (Expert Witness, Quantum)
95,000 to 125,000 AED p/month, bonus, pension, benefits.
One of our retained clients, a leading global forensic services company, is looking to appoint an additional senior Expert Witness and Leader to its Dubai operations. The business advises across the full spectrum of advisory services with a highly respected pedigree amongst the construction legal fraternity for managing complex high value disputes on major capital projects. It employs some of the world s leading Experts and offers a platform for someone established and passionate about construction dispute resolution to both continue to build their profile in the market and work hand in hand with the best in the industry.
Previous experience in providing Expert testimony and assisting Experts involved in complex international, cross-border disputes on quantum matters is essential.
• Helping to lead Quantum expert services in Dubai, providing related Expert Witness and dispute advisory services
• Building strong relationships with new and existing clients
• Working with the existing leadership team in a collaborative way to drive the business forward
• Providing exceptional Expert advice and consultancy on behalf of Main contractors, Law firms and Employers on high value multi-million litigations.
• Attracting exceptional people to support the business at every level
• Ideally well networked and highly regarded as an expert on quantum issues
• Broad experience across a range of construction/engineering projects inc major projects
• Ideally degree qualified with additional qualifications in law, ideally MRICS +
• Flexible attitude to working and be prepared to work elsewhere in the region for short periods
• An external focus, comfortable dealing and negotiating with senior executives
• Very strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build trust with clients
• Strong analytical, investigative and problem solving skills. An enquiring mind.
• Strong team focus and a desire to develop junior staff
• Ability to work under pressure and against deadlines
• Someone who works to high standards and encourages his peers and staff to do the same.
• Someone who understands the court process and has been involved in $m + arbitrations.
• Background likely to have been at senior or management level within a claims & dispute resolution specialist / consultancy in the building, infrastructure, oil & gas or power sector.