University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
Division & Project Overview:
The Quality and Performance Institute (QPI) is a division of URC that has implemented quality improvement and operations research programs in health care since 1981 and continues to be at the cutting edge of health care improvement work in countries around the world.
USAID seeks to design a focused Community Health and Nutrition activity targeting different community groups and those who are most vulnerable to support individuals, families, communities, institutions, and government in adopting and maintaining high impact health and nutrition behaviors and practices. USAID expects that this activity will utilize a community health approach to improve both health and nutrition outcomes; reaching the most poor and vulnerable in Jordan with health/nutrition interventions at the community level. These initiatives may include efforts to bolster fortification of foods, as appropriate. USAID expects this effort will reduce different types of anemia and micronutrient deficiencies; promote good health and nutrition practices; create systems that are able to assess and address the health needs of the community; and work to promote the use of and access to health and capacity-building opportunities in a primary/preventive healthcare setting.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Director of Finance & Administration (DFA) is a member of the Senior Management Team and will contribute to an integrated and coordinated program implementation.
The DFA s roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Prepare/develop field monthly financial reports, which include QB postings, bank reconciliations, journal entries preparation, personal advances, balance reports, grand summary sheets, supporting payment vouchers, petty cash journal, and summarized expenditure, etc. Ensure expenses are in accordance with U.S. government regulations (expenses are reasonable, allowable, and allocable), and URC policies and procedures.
• Supervise managers and senior-level personnel in the areas of finance, security, administration, and grants management.
• Ensure that all project-related transactions are conducted, processed, and recorded as per URC system of Chart of Accounts.
• Ensure timely preparation and processing of payments by ensuring that all payments are reasonable, allowable, and allocable to the project.
• Ensure that all payments are adequately supported.
• Carry out banking transactions, which include cash withdrawals, check deposits, EFTs, etc., while strictly observing the laid down cash handling procedure.
• Ensure that internal controls pertaining to online banking are tightened to mitigate risks.
• As part of the finance team, ensure strict adherence to URC financial management policies and procedures and USAID regulations. This includes ensuring that all policy directives and various checklists circulated by HQ are implemented.
• Responsible for ensuring overall project security.
• Oversee administration of local sub-grants.
• Oversee the management of the petty cash fund by reviewing for accuracy and processing petty cash and bank vouchers.
• Manage personnel payroll and benefits accounting.
• Maintain close coordination with URC project staff on financial matters and advise them, as appropriate, on matters requiring their attention.
• Manage inventory/asset system.
• Interpret and implement URC HR policies and procedures
• Staff recruitment: develop job descriptions, prepare advertisements, shortlist candidates, and participate in interviewing.
• Foster a workplace environment consistent with the organization s values, mission, and vision.
• Assist in ensuring URC s compliance with all national legal and statutory requirements for the management of its HR resources.
• Handle the separation of staff by facilitating effective staff clearance, documentation, and release from the organization.
• Perform any other task assigned by the COP.
• Degree in Accounting or Finance or a completed professional accounting qualification (ACCA/CIMA/ZICA/CPA).
• A minimum of five (5) years experience in the financial management of large USAID-funded development programs.
• Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy.
• Strong analytical, oral, and written communication skills.
• Excellent past performance references (contacts should be provided at time of application).
• Experience with QuickBooks accounting software highly preferred.
• Strong computer skills.
• Experience with human resource management and knowledge of the Jordanian labor/employment laws.
• Knowledge of rules and regulations of USG-funded programs.
• Ability to budget and manage finances on a monthly basis.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including fluency in Arabic and English.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in various locations worldwide for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.