Functions as the Strategic Business Leader of the hotel s Food & Beverage operations. Position oversees the Food & Beverage operation meets the brand s target customer needs, ensures associate satisfaction, focuses on growing revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the department. Develops and implements hotel-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand s target customer and property associates and provide a return on investment to the owner and Marriott International. Ability to meet or exceed the budgeted sales and profits in the Food & Beverage Department.
Balanced Scorecard Results: Implements strategies and executes activities to drive and continuously improve financial results, guest satisfaction, human capital index and market share.
• Operations: Sets expectations and holds food and beverage leadership team accountable for implementing the hotel strategy and brand initiatives throughout all aspects of the food & beverage operation. Directs the daily activities of the food and beverage operations (e.g., restaurants, room service, bars and lounges, banquets and catering, kitchens, storerooms and stewarding areas) according to brand food & beverage operating standards to ensure brand integrity.
• Guest Satisfaction: Ensures products and services delivered by the food and beverage operation meet or exceed guest expectations, create customer loyalty and grow market share. Executes the brand service strategy and continually focuses on improving guest satisfaction.
• Human Resources: Ensures F&B Leadership team hires, develops and retains a diverse hourly and management workforce. As well, hires leaders who demonstrate strong functional expertise, creativity and entrepreneurial leadership. Creates and sustains a work environment that embraces the brand s culture, ensures fair and equitable treatment and associate satisfaction to enable business success.
• Sales and Revenue Management: Focuses on building the unit s top line revenue by developing a Sales and Marketing strategy targeting both in-house and external customers; works with the Director of Sales and Marketing to incorporate the strategy into the overall hotel plan. Maximizes revenue by concentrating on both the average check and the number of covers.
• Financial Management: Develops and manages Food and Beverage s annual operating budget including capital expenditures to achieve or exceed budget expectations. Ensures successful performance by increasing profitability and providing a return on investment to the owner and Marriott International.
• Owner Relations: Develops a trusting and respectful business partnership with property ownership by meeting or exceeding expectations in operations management and financial performance.
• Leads in execution of brand service initiatives in food and beverage areas.
• Sets expectations and holds food and beverage leadership team accountable for demonstrating desired service behaviors. Ensures guest expectations are met or exceeded from beginning to end of service experience (e.g., greeting from hostess, speed of order taking and food and beverage delivery, fulfillment of special requests, collection of payment and invitation to return).
• Participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with guests and associates.
• Ensures and maintains open, collaborative relationships with direct reports and entire food and beverage team. Ensures direct reports do the same for their team.
• Ensures that regular ongoing communication takes place throughout the food and beverage operation to communicate daily operations activities, set expectations and create awareness of business objectives.
• Utilizes associate feedback and an open door policy to identify and address associate problems or concerns in a timely manner. Ensures associates are treated fairly and equitably; brings issues to the attention of Human Resources as necessary.
• Develops and ensures execution of marketing plan for food and beverage outlets
• Leads pricing strategy for all areas of food and beverage
• Sets and communicates specific sales goals and develops incentives to encourage goal attainment for all areas
• Uses a guest database to target direct marketing efforts and increase market share
• Leads the development of web based promotional sites to attract business
• Develops and manages Food & Beverage Budget.
• Reviews financial reports and statements to determine how Food & Beverage is performing against budget. Works with food and beverage leadership team to determine areas of concern and develops strategies to improve the department s financial performance.
• Coaches and supports food & beverage leadership team to effectively manage wages, food and beverage cost and controllable expenses such as restaurant supplies, uniforms, etc. Focuses on maintaining profit margins without compromising guest or associate satisfaction.
• Identifies opportunities to increase profits and create value by challenging existing processes, encouraging innovation and driving necessary change.
• Develops a food & beverage operating strategy that is aligned with the brand s business strategy and leads its execution.
• Ensures that regular, ongoing communication is happening in all areas of food and beverage (e.g., pre-meal briefings, staff meetings, culinary team).
• Identifies key drivers of business success and keeps team focused on the critical few to achieve results; ensures integration of departmental goals in game plans.
• Champions change, ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.,
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.