Director of Institutional Effectiveness
The American University in Dubai invites qualified applicants to apply for the position of Director of Institutional
Effectiveness. The chosen candidate will report directly to the President of the university.
The Director of Institutional Effectiveness is responsible for overseeing the university’s IE initiatives. The Director provides
leadership in developing an institutional research, assessment and accreditation protocol for the university and serves as
the liaison with national and international accrediting bodies. This position is also responsible for the coordination, oversight,
and advancement of institutional planning processes and assessment. He or she is responsible for quality assurance and
ongoing internal review of compliance with government, accreditation, and university policies and regulations to ensure that
the university is in full compliance. This position also serves as an internal resource of review for proposed changes to
university operations from a compliance perspective.
• Monitor operations of all departments of the university to ensure compliance with the Standards of the following
o Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
o Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)
o Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
o Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications (ACEJMC)
o Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA)
o National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB)
o National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD)
o UAE Ministry of Education (MOE)
• Issue all documents that are to be sent to the above-mentioned accrediting bodies, having reviewed them for
compliance, accuracy, completeness, etc.
• Collaborate with academic and administrative leadership and others to ensure that the appropriate corrections
in areas of non-compliance are made in a timely manner;
• Maintain copies of essential regulatory documents (from accrediting bodies and issued by AUD) at the
• Oversee academic units’ efforts at obtaining professional accreditation.
• Collaborate with senior administrators in establishing, maintaining and reporting institution-wide strategic goals
for institutional effectiveness;
• Collaborate with faculty and staff to develop and implement outcomes and assessment measures at all levels
of the institution;
• Coordinate, develop, and monitor assessment activities across the university, including conducting the ongoing
assessment of student learning; facilitating the collection, analysis and interpretation of assessment data;
assisting in the development, implementation, and interpretation of faculty and student evaluations; and
assisting in the effective utilization of data for planning, policy making, and program improvement;
• Promote training in institution-wide outcomes and effectiveness assessment;
• Assist the President in driving the annual strategic planning process; and,
• Chair the IE Steering Committee.
Competencies and Skills:
• Deep knowledge and understanding of accreditation criteria and processes;
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written);
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Basic project management skills, including the ability to follow-up regularly with people at all organizational
• Basic statistical analysis skills; and,
• High computer literacy.
• Master’s degree;