• Plans, directs, and coordinates motion picture filming: Confers with DIRECTOR, MOTION PICTURE regarding interpretation of scene and desired effects.
• Observes set or location and reviews drawings and other information relating to natural or artificial conditions to determine filming and lighting requirements.
• Reads charts and computes ratios to determine required lighting, film, shutter angles, filter factors, camera distance, depth of field and focus, angles of view, and other variables to produce desired effects.
• Confers with ELECTRICIAN, CHIEF to establish lighting requirements.
• Selects cameras, accessories, equipment, and film stock, utilizing knowledge of filming techniques, filming requirements, and computations.
• Instructs camera operators regarding camera setup, angles, distances, movement, and other variables and signals cues for starting and stopping filming.
• Surveys set or location for potential problems, observes effects of lighting, measures lighting levels, and coordinates necessary changes prior to filming.
• Views film after processing and makes adjustments, as necessary, to achieve desired effects.
• May direct television productions which utilize electronic cameras.
Desired Candidate Profile
• Should have an educational background and years of experience in the fields of art, drama, photography, or film and media studies.
• Should have an exceptional artistic vision, creativity, and precise attention to detail.
• Should have an ability to give and to accept direction
• Should have an excellent communication skills
• Should be diplomatic and tact when working with cast and crew.