DUTIES AND R ESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Quality Assurance and Accreditation, in consultation with the line manager, will:
• Work to develop and implement an effective and efficient quality assurance and accreditation framework.
• Arrange and report on all quality assurance and accreditation related status, meetings and activities.
• Oversee the process of validating new programmes.
• Coordinate annual and periodic programme reviews and reports.
• Coordinate a system of teaching observation.
• Oversee the whole process of external examination of programmes.
• Monitor all professional and academic accreditation and external assessment activities.
• Ensure the format, content and language accuracy of the documents prepared for distribution and publication by the University.
• Coordinate an effective programme of professional development for academic staff in areas such as:
• Learning, teaching and assessment,
• E-Learning and the development of a virtual learning environment,
• Teaching through the medium of English as a second language,
• Materials design, adaptation and implementation.
• Establish effective channels of communication to ensure the dissemination of good practice.
• Coordinate a centralised system of gathering student feedback on modules and programmes.
• Undertake any other reasonable duties commensurate with the nature of the post and as requested by the line manager.
PERSON S PECIFICATIONS
The Director of Quality Assurance and Accreditation should have the following attributes:
• PhD in a relevant discipline with a minimum of 7 - 10 years of experience.
• Fluency in English and Kurdish languages is compulsory. Ability to read, speak and write in Arabic language will be an advantage.
• Knowledge of international academic and professional quality and accreditation standards.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Excellent attention to detail, including proof reading skills, with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in all aspects of work.
• An ability to work under sustained pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as on own initiative.
• Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage a busy workload.
• Experience and ability of working in a multi-cultural environment.
• Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures.
HOW TO A PPLY
• Interested applicants are requested to email their Application Form, CV, and Personal Statement to email@example.com by indicating the Vacancy Title: Director of Quality Assurance and Accreditation and inserting the most recent passport size photo in the area provided on the application form.
• Only complete applications: Application Form (with the most recent photo), Personal Statement and CV will be considered.
• Size of the photo must be 45mm x 35mm with no less than 150 pixels for the quality.
• Any application that does not specify the vacancy applied for will not be considered.
• An Application Form is available at Current Vacancies on the University website ( http://www.ukh.edu.krd ).
• Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.