Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world.
Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place.
Mandarin Oriental, Doha
Mandarin Oriental, Doha is an intimate and stylish urban retreat, blending Qatari-influenced heritage with modern design. Located in the heart of Msheireb Downtown Doha, within walking distance to Souq Waqif, Museum of Islamic Art and a short distance to the business district, West Bay.
At Mandarin Oriental, Doha we welcome colleagues with the passion to deliver the best service and exceed our guest s expectations.
• To support the implementation and on-going use of safety and fire prevention strategies for the site
• To lead all investigations and crime prevention initiatives
• To establish and maintain an efficient framework and operational strategy to support VIP visits, entertainment programmes and / or additional functions
• To ensure that the security contractor & team perform in compliance to contract and to act appropriately in response to any breach
• To ensure that all physical security systems are working optimally at all times, and are used in an efficient and productive manner
• Ensure all patrolling, inspection and escort duties are monitored and performed to a high standard and in accordance with contractual requirements with service providers
• Drive hotel safety drills, planning and executing them in accordance with Director of Engineering. Ensuring full debrief and adjustment of policies and procedures as required
• Be available 24 hours a day for emergencies within the property
• Be a leader in the risk management requirements of the hotel. Ensure risk assessments are done by each department and are accurately recorded with relevant control measures which are documented into policies
• Advise Director of Rooms / Hotel Manager / General Manager of all serious security & risk related concerns in a timely manner, providing details on investigation, potential future risks and suggest solutions
• Develop and deliver training programs for all employees on all OSHA related rules and regulations
• Bachelor Degree in Hospitality/Hotel/Business Management is an advantage
• A minimum of 3 years of Security Management experience, preferably in a luxury hotel or environment
• Previous experience working the Middle East Region. Hotel pre-opening experience is preferred
• Previous experience of Hotsos or similar system desirable
• Effective verbal and written communication skills in English. Arabic is an advantage
• Strong working knowledge of all aspects of physical security and technologies. Must understand and be familiar with current industry and market trends related to physical security, including physical security, CCTV, Fire Life Safety and access control systems
If you are interested in joining our pre-opening team apply today!