Do you love working with international students and language teachers? Do you enjoy logistical planning and problem solving and want to lead teachers in their professional development? Are you looking for an educational management position with the potential to lead to other careers within the EF organisation?
As Director of Studies, you will combine language teaching (English OR Arabic) to non-native international students, with overall responsibility for the academic programme and implementing the blended learning range of courses.
This role includes planning and delivering daily language lessons, providing oversight, management and coaching to your team of Arabic and English language teachers, through regular in-class observations and feedback sessions. You are also responsible for overseeing the curriculum development and leading training sessions, developing and implementing inductions, and for assisting teachers with lesson planning, paperwork and teaching techniques.
This is a high-energy role that requires a strong leader; someone who can provide tools, training and guidance to ensure the teaching team deliver fun, engaging and successful learning experiences.
The Director of Studies will have full responsibility for academics in the school, including but not limited to the below:
• Overseeing our school s wide range of both short and long-term course programs covering young learners through to adults in language only and ESP classes
• Ensure full delivery of EFs Blended Learning Curriculum through use of our proprietary Efekta learning materials and custom designed Arabic course
• Recruit, motivate, inspire and lead a team of teachers to offer an consistent, high quality experience for our students
• Scheduling classes and arranging emergency cover
• Plan and execute a continual professional development programme including formative lesson observations
• To monitor student satisfaction, language improvement and attendance to ensure that their learning goals are met
• Work within budget parameters to ensure cost effective delivery
• Comply with requirements to maintain local accreditation and licensing status
• Contribute to the growth of this developing school
Qualifications and Competencies
• Either ONE of the following:
• Cambridge DELTA (Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults) or an equivalent ESL qualification.
• Post-Graduate level or equivalent in teaching Arabic as a second Language
• Solid teaching experience (either Arabic, English or both)
• Native or near-native level of English
• Ability to effectively recruit, manage and motivate academic staff
• Customer service focus
• Excellent organisational and communication skills
• Ability to adapt in a fast-paced, versatile work environment
• Strong sense of ownership and the drive to succeed
Who are we?
At EF Education First, we are travelers, innovators, thinkers and doers. We readily promote an open and collaborative workspace. Our people are our biggest asset, and together we have created a culture of cooperation, project ownership, and impact. As the world leader in international education, with more than 52,000 staff and teachers working in 52 countries around the globe, our mission is simple: Opening the world through education. Since we were founded over 50 years ago, EF has helped more than 15 million people see the world, learn a language, or earn an academic degree. Don't miss the unique opportunity to join our one-of-a-kind team!