Chase Resourcing are delighted to announce that we are recruiting for a Director of Vocational & Training Institute for one of our clients in the Middle East.
Please note that our preference is for the candidates with the Engineering/Math/Science background with Vocational Education Teaching and Management experience. Industrial experience will be an advantage.
• Strong leadership, management and planning skills.
• The ability to think creatively and strategically to successfully mediate and negotiate with individuals and groups internally and externally and at board level.
• Sound understanding of the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector in an International Context.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to establish and maintain business relationships with key stakeholders and customers.
• Proven negotiation and mediation skills.
• Capacity to direct vocational skills analysis with local industry and advisory bodies in order to meet the skills needed.
• The ability to balance competing priorities, complex situations and tight deadlines.
• Solid understanding of all aspects of practical training assessment.
• Establish objectives and specify the strategies and actions to achieve these objectives.
• Knowledge of Academic Governance, Educational Institutional
• Effectiveness, Higher Educational Institute policies, standards, procedures and practices.
• Excellent skills in organizational and strategic planning, supervision, independent decision making and program evaluation.
• Strong financial acumen, prior experience with budgets and financial statements.
• High level understanding and demonstrated cultural awareness and sensitivity to Islamic Culture as exists in the UAE.
Requirements of Director:
• 10-years experience in working in related Institutions at Senior
• A clear understanding of the Vocational Education Sector.
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
• PhD level are highly desirable.
• Master s degree in Education field is a minimum requirement.
This is a learning organization. As such, everyone strives for professional and institutional development within a culture of effectiveness that:
• Values collaboration, teamwork, and self;
• Encourages ethical behavior;
• Facilitates life-long learning;
• Utilizes new technologies.
• Plans and Coordinates - The Director works with the relevant senior staff from the Directorate to plan, coordinate and initiate business plans and recommends changes. The Director ensures that policies, strategies and goals are clearly understood by all stakeholders, and facilitates the development, maintenance, and monitoring of curriculum and operational plans so that business and strategic objectives at all levels are achieved at an optimum pace.
• Leads - The Director provides academic and educational leadership through the example of his/her own team accomplishments and through systematic communication to all stakeholders.
The Director directs the efforts of the team under their direction and is responsible for all staff operations. In doing so the Director creates and maintains an environment of positive and effective leadership that promotes and supports the achievement of individual, organizational, and societal objectives in line with the vision and philosophy of the Institute. The Director sets goals, develops staff, monitors work, and evaluates results to ensure that project and organizational objectives and operating requirements are met and are in line with the needs and mission of the Organization.
• Liaises - The Director of Vocational & Training Institute facilitates close and effective relationships throughout the organization and participates in and nurtures broad networks of alliances with others to exchange knowledge and information.
• Develops - The Director ensures that resource effective policies, procedures and infrastructure are in place to support operations in vocational training and education environment. The Director identifies and leads new business development opportunities and ensures highly productive relationships and partnerships are developed and maintained. The Director of Vocational & Training Institute continually develops business analyses on the opportunities for growth and sustainability of the Institute
• Monitors and Reports - The Director monitors and reports on the resourceful management of the Institute, in the areas of finance, human resources, academic, student welfare and community discipline.
• Represents - The Director of Vocational & Training Institute serves on committees and councils as directed by the Senior Director, Educational Institutions.