The department manages everything surrounding the Expo legacy, how it will impact the region, and the world after Expo 2020. The department is developing the strategy to ensure there is deep and lasting impact in the following areas: Economic, Social, Reputational, Innovation, Culture, and Youth, District 2020.
The Director - Real Estate Development is responsible to:
- Coordinate with designated Expo 2020 departments to take over all the real estate assets post event,
- Coordination and supervising the development process for specific real estate and development project/s, from inception and feasibility through to construction and delivery stages.
Additional responsibilities for this role include:
- Liaising with District 2020 leadership to agree on the real estate asset takeover and property development strategies;
- Strategic review of all real estate property development management processes related to District 2020 projects;
- Ensure achievement of all functional strategic objectives within the defined budgets;
- Consistently review strategy for property development to ensure alignment with the District 2020 commercial strategy;
- Liaise with Expo 2020 designated departments to facilitate identification & transition of all the real estate assets to be handed over to D2020 within the acceptable conditions;
- Coordination and supervising the development process for specific real estate project/s, from inception and feasibility through to construction and delivery stages;
- Responsible for planning, managing and coordinating the real estate project development team, including project management, consultant procurement and management, development planning and budgeting;
- To undertake site assembly, best use analysis, and desktop appraisals as needed to review development vison planning and development strategies;
- Responsible for management of any required market research, budgeting, development appraisals, cash flow and forecasting, sensitivity analysis, preparation of development briefs and implementing risk management plans as it pertains to real estate projects approved by Commercial;
- To co-ordinate, communicate and collaborate with internal departments including; Business Development, Design, Finance, Procurements, Contracts, Commercial, Sales and Leasing, as well as relevant external Government stakeholders appropriate to the project;
- To monitor the financial, commercial and programme performance of the project to ensure it achieves the appropriate development gateways and meets agreed budgets, commercial and financial parameters, and contractual scopes;
- Monitor the performance and deliverables from Consultants related to property development employed to the project;
- Manage the input and deliverables of the Project Management Company;
- Review contractual agreements prior to signing with any 3rd party facility manager;
- Oversee D2020 Development Management Team operations.