A Document Controller is responsible to control the projects documents, drawings and other information deemed relevant by the Director of Engineering of Hilton's newest resort and entertainment complex in Qatar. The Heirat Beach Resort is to become one of the largest resorts in the Middle East. It spreads along a 3.5km pristine beach front on the southwest coast of Qatar. Managed by Hilton, it will have 362 hotel rooms and residential units with private beaches, a world-class leisure and waterpark, sports club, marina, dive center, health club, spa, restaurants, cinemas and retail space. The resort is scheduled to open in 2020 and can be found on Google and YouTube under its working title 'Heirat Beach Resort'.
What will I be doing?
As a Document Controller, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Responsible for the controlled issue of all new and/or amended documents in accordance with the document control procedure
• Accepts, records and distributes all the incoming and outgoing of documents
• Issuance of controlled copy of documents and ensure receipt of the superseded copy
• Numbering, distributing, filing, updating and recording of controlled documents
• Hard copies and computer soft copies shall be maintained and filed in the designated master file with any copies for information distributed as directed
• Keeping and maintaining of record of all transaction in systematic filling
• Receive all OMM and As built Drawings during the handover phase , classify and archive , create a proper technical library
• Do all required inputs on the CAFM , related to the OMM and As built Drawings
• Answer telephone calls
• Must be ready of retrieval of documents required
• Performed any other related assignments as assigned
• Responsible for the day to day operation required by the immediate superior