• Working in conjunction with key business stakeholders and evaluating the concept design plans. This role is responsible for the development and design of the 'future' state domestic retail business model.
• Lead and provide subject matter expertise to the 'future retail' model of the branch network and oversee the transformation of the postal branches into fully fledged retail business units, positioned to capitalise on the geographic location, demographics served, products and services offered and value to the communities served.
• Provide valuable insight and assist in designing the structure of the business model, exploring opportunities to create a sustainable franchise or licensee operating model that ensures solid growth returns to the company's stakeholders and individual investors / operators.
• Responsible for leading the program of 'refreshing' the look and feel of each retail centre ensuring a consistency in brand, layout, products, quality standards and service excellence.
• Establish a standard operating store concept based on size, geography, market catchment and building / facility size.
• Review branch locations with a view to capitalise on the company's property portfolio and design future footprint network based on 'future retail models' and need to ensure nationwide services (large retail centre, med-small centre, counter, in-mall stands, kiosk / booth).
• Review scalability to each location, future network and rollout new footprint model throughout 2019 2020.
• In conjunction with others in the project group, design and develop the revised suite of services to be offered with the retail concept bringing solid product innovation beyond logistics that may include traditional postal retail offering (courier services, stationary, office products, packaging, peripherals), financial services, insurances, payment services, telecom services (sim-cards etc..) and Work with and coordinate Government Agencies to development opportunities to leverage the retail network and nationwide locations to offer the ability to delivery Government Services in store and in particularly the push towards e-services (digital).
• Provide strong leadership skills, and to promote best practices in managing interrelated projects to ensure successful delivery.
Provide subject matter expertise and lead the rollout of the organisation's 'future' retail store program including
o Development of the retail business model (owned, licensed, franchised).
o Revamp of the company's branches into fully fledged retail stores fit for purpose.
o Develop and oversee the rollout of the refreshed retail stores and reconfigure each location based on standard operating structure (which may include moving to larger catchment areas (such as retail mall environments)
o Revamp retail product range and services based on a channel neutral basis.
• Proven ability to define business requirements and operational efficiencies.
• Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills.
• Ability to juggle different projects / priorities and deliver high quality outcomes under pressure.
• Proven capability in providing timely, accurate project reporting requirements.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines effectively under time constraints.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously without close supervision.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent / applicable subject.
• Intimate working knowledge of retail services and retail store management and industry experience within logistics, postal, courier, financial services (retail network).
• 12+ years retail (banking, postal, multi-brand management) or postal retail leadership experience industry experience.
• 5 years of industry experience in Project Management and/or retail store rollout.
• Knowledge of market trends in retail business models, franchising, licensing, and retail strategy including and service delivery and performance management, and innovations