We have an immediate opening for a Sr. Software Engineer to develop, maintain and enhance an eCommerce platform built on Drupal Commerce with custom PHP modules. This individual should be a team player, enthusiastic, fun, ready to work hard, and a problem-solver.
• Design and build custom Drupal 7 Commerce websites and extend the system with custom PHP features and subsystems.
• Lead the development and maintenance of custom modules and plugins and provide IT SME (Subject Matter Expertise) knowledge of system architecture and code base.
• Establish and guide system architecture ensuring high-performance, high-availability, and develop code architecture that promotes reuse, readability, and best-practice coding standards.
• Define and implement system architectures to handle application security, PCI, PII, data encryption and to eliminate OWASP-defined application security risks.
• Participate in both formal and informal code reviews to ensure the team is consistently on track with coding standards, architecture plans, and functional needs.
• Plan and implement robust development, staging and production deployment strategies to ensure the simplest and safest deployments of both Drupal and codebase updates.
• Work through requirements that are not fully finalized and discuss options with the team to brainstorm potential solutions.
• Communicate clearly and effectivity with internal project teams regarding technical requirements, limitations, risks, and proposed solutions.
• Adhere to excellence in software engineering best practices, and instil the same discipline and experience to other team members
• Work closely with product owners and cross-functional team members to define and implement technology-based business solutions
• Support DevOps with release management, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and automation
• Lead and facilitate R&D efforts in cutting-edge technologies or third-party products to enhance development capabilities in the department