T he Environmental Control Unit (ECU) and Generator Test and Repair Technician supports the HAWK and Patriot Logistics Sustainment Services (HPLSS) Program.
Utilizes his in depth knowledge and field experience skills related to diesel powered generators to perform the repair, testing, and sustainment of the Lechmotoren and Deutz Engine 150kW, 30kW and 15kW power generation equipment used with the Patriot System. This will include disassembly, cleaning, modification (as required), repair and reassembly of power generator assemblies in accordance with applicable technical manuals (TMs). Participates in Gen/AC improvement and repair for all RSADF systems. Provide technical and engineering advice to the (directorate/section) manager. Performs troubleshooting, fault isolation and field maintenance repair for all diesel generators and air conditioners for all RSADF systems. Functionally tests generators and air conditioning units after making repairs to assure compliance with design specifications and standards. Participates in the opening and closing of work orders and in on-the-job training (OJT). Implement approved engineering changes. Enforce approved RSADF safety policies, procedures, and standards. Perform job related duties as specified by the user unit. This position is located in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Must be able to obtain a Saudi Arabia work Visa.
• A graduate of the US Army Power Generation Equipment Repairer (MOS 52D) course or a graduate of a technical school or manufacturer's course of instruction on diesel power generation equipment, or equivalent On-the-Job Training (OJT) or work experience in troubleshooting, fault isolation, disassembly, repair, assembly and checkout of power generation equipment
• Demonstrated experience with complete overhaul and refurbishment of Mobile Electric Power (MEP) Generator sets used with the Patriot Missile System.
• Demonstrated experience performing Diesel Engine rebuild and Dynameter testing of rebuilt engines.
• Minimum of ten (5) years experience with electro-mechanical troubleshooting, fault isolation, and repair of 15, 30, or 150kW diesel powered power generation equipment and air conditioners.
• Must be proficient in troubleshooting, fault isolation and repair of various types of air conditioning units. Skill in the use of engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, general purpose commercial test equipment and common tools is required.
• Proficiency in the English language, spoken and written.
• Demonstrated ability to test generators under changing load conditions for variations in performance to ensure all specifications are met or exceeded
• Functionally test generators after making repairs to assure compliance with design specifications and standards
• Individuals must possess mechanical skills including experience with the use of common hand and powered tools, fixtures, templates, and associated refurbishment and modification equipment
• Demonstrated basic computer skills for record keeping and parts requisition
• Graduate of applicable Lechmotoren power generation equipment repair course
• Graduate of diesel powered power generation equipment repair course
• Demonstrated experience with Lechmotoren diesel powered 15, 30, or 150kW generators
• Demonstrated basic knowledge of the Patriot refurbishment, modification, and system integration process
• Demonstrated knowledge of Patriot peculiar Technical Manuals and associated drawings, schematics, and publications
• Demonstrated ability to interact with leadership effectively including customer, Raytheon, teammates, and suppliers
• Previous experience in International Patriot FMS Programs
• Raytheon Six Sigma certified
• Experience living and working in an overseas location
Required Education (including Major):