Maintenance Technician is responsible to perform the preventive, corrective and breakdown maintenance of electrical, firefighting and fire alarm system of district cooling plant and associated sites in accordance with standard operating procedure and good industry practices in a safe and efficient manner.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
• Undertake and execute all planned & preventive maintenance, corrective & breakdown maintenance, condition monitoring, inspection and testing of all ETS and district cooling plant equipment’s such as HV/MV/LV switchgear, power transformer, VFD panel, soft starter, LV/MV motor, capacitor bank, distribution board, UPS, battery charger, generator, leak detection system, firefighting and fire alarm system, control valves, earthing and lightning system, etc. in a safe, timely and efficient manner in accordance with the standard operating procedures, authority regulations and good engineering practices.
• Perform various electrical test as per the requirement such as winding test, IR test, PI test, Hipot test, battery discharge test, oil analysis, protection relays test, contact resistance test and thermographic analysis etc.
• Participates in major overhaul and shutdown maintenance activities which includes shutdown preparation, data collection and condition monitoring duties as assigned.
• Supervise and monitor all specialist maintenance sub-contractor to ensure the work is executed safely and timely and as per standards.
• Respond to faults and failures reported through the work order system; visit sites to inspect, trouble shoot and correct the fault.
• Respond appropriately to emergency situations and breakdowns such as power outages, system alarms etc.
• Troubleshooting and malfunctioning of all electrical, controls and monitoring equipment.
• Carries out modification work on circuit and control wiring as per approved drawings and/or under close supervision. Produce schematics to enable updating and production of 'as built' drawings.
• Utilizes predictive maintenance technologies to identify failures and takes corrective actions.
• Provides technical support for investigations on breakdown incidents, analyze equipment failures, determine causes, recommend recovery plans, and develop cost-effective solutions to prevent reoccurrence.
• Provide technical support in the preparation of various analytical reports on equipment system analysis, productivity, efficiency, etc. to aid in decision making and planning to improve equipment reliability and performance.
• Improve equipment reliability by increasing the mean time between failures (MTBF) while reducing the mean time to repair (MTTR).
• Liaison and coordination with operations department for all maintenance activities on daily basis.
• Obtain necessary work permit as applicable prior to commence the maintenance activities.
• The work permit and lock-out/tag-out procedure must be implemented and complied for all maintenance activities.
• Identifies required tools, equipment and spare parts to perform maintenance activity and make requisition to obtain the items from store.
• Verify the tools and equipment to be used for maintenance activity is appropriate and shall have valid calibration certificate (if applicable).
• Carry out site visits to assess and monitor the running conditions of equipment.
• Understand and interpret technical specifications, drawings, method statement, O&M manuals, maintenance procedures and check list, guidelines and training manuals.
• Provide brief explanation and tool box talk (TBT) to subordinates and operation team before the commencement of maintenance activity on daily basis to maintain high quality and safety standards.
• Reporting of all maintenance activities in an appropriate maintenance format such as maintenance check list, defects notification, equipment history log book, etc.
• Review and analysis of all maintenance reports and inform immediately to Supervisor/Engineer and take corrective measures as appropriate.
• Timely reporting of critical maintenance issues and areas of concerns.
• Prepare and raise material purchase requisition with detailed technical specifications.
• Inspection of incoming materials as per the specifications.
• Maintain the cleanliness and housekeeping in the vicinity of work area on daily basis.
• Attend training and safety program.
• Provide on-job training of sub ordinates.
• Report near misses encountered on day to day activities related to unsafe conditions and practices.
• Integrating new technologies and planning new initiatives to enhance the equipment performance, efficiency and reliability.
• Perform other various tasks and duties assigned by the immediate supervisor or management on day to day basis.
Policies, Safety, Quality And Environment:
• Follow all relevant operational procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a safe, controlled and efficient manner.
• Follow all relevant safety, quality and environmental procedures and instructions so that personal safety / safety of others is maintained.
• Ensure plant adheres to safety and environmental rules.
• Ensure QHSE procedure and policies is being followed and complied at all times.
• Promptly report all accidents, injuries, near misses and unsafe working conditions or practices to the immediate supervisor and QHSE department.
• Completion of preventive and routine maintenance as per schedule and standards.
• Rectification of maintenance defects within stipulated time frame and avoid reoccurrence.
• Ensure all necessary work permits and safety measures are implemented to perform maintenance activity.
• Accurate and timely submission of maintenance reports and check list.
• Adherence and compliance of QHSE policies and procedures.
• Provide on-job training to sub-ordinates.
Improve equipment reliability by carrying out timely and effective preventive maintenance and reduces the equipment breakdown time and ensure the equipment is operating in good and healthy working condition at all times.